Some users have been reporting encountering the error code 0x80070015 while starting Windows Sandbox. From the error code, it looks like the supporting services for Windows Sandbox are misconfigured. The error message states:
Windows Sandbox failed to start. Error 0x80070015. The device is not ready. Would you like to submit feedback about this issue?
Windows Sandbox failed to start, Error 0x80070015, The device is not ready
If you receive error code 0x80070015 for Windows Sandbox, these suggestions may help you resolve the issue:
- Enable all the Services required by Sandbox.
1] Enable all the Services required by Sandbox
Open the Windows Services Manager and make sure that all of these mentioned services are running and have the Startup type as given below. You may Restart these Services in the given order:
- Network Virtualization Service. (Startup type: Manual).
- Virtual Disk. (Startup type: Manual).
- Hyper–V Virtual Machine. (Startup type: Manual).
- Hyper–V Host Compute Service. (Startup type: Manual).
- Container Manager Services. (Startup type: Automatic).
Once done, just try running Windows Sandbox again and see.
2] Run Windows Update
You can Check for updates. You need to get all the released fixes from Microsoft. In this process, if any of the supporting drivers are not up to date, you will get updates downloaded and installed on your computer too.
I hope you can use Windows Sandbox without any errors now.
- Windows Sandbox not loading, opening or working
- Windows Sandbox failed to start, Error 0x80070057, The parameter is incorrect
- Windows 10 Sandbox item is greyed out or greyed out
- Windows Sandbox failed to start with error 0xc030106.