Sonic Frontiers is a 3D action-adventure game. It is considered to be one of the much-appreciated titles among gamers. However, as per some reports, users cannot launch the game. In this post, we will discuss this issue and see what we should do if Sonic Frontiers is not working or launching on Windows PC.
Sonic Frontiers not working or launching on Windows PC
If Sonic Frontiers won’t launch, open or work on Windows PC, restart your computer and see if the game can open, and if it doesn’t launch, execute the solutions mentioned below.
- Run the game with administrative rights
- Verify the game files
- Add the game through the Windows Defender firewall
- Update Visual C++ Redistributable
- Install the Media Feature pack
- Troubleshoot in Clean Boot State
Let us talk about these solutions in detail.
1] Run the game with administrative rights
Giving it the admin rights can resolve this concern, and to do the same, just right-click on the Sonic Frontiers icon and then select Run as administrator.
2] Verify the game files
Steam’s in-built verification feature provides users with an easy way to verify the game files that may be missing or corrupted. It does so by comparing the latest version from the game’s server and the one present on your device. We are going to use the same to verify the game files.
- Launch Steam and go to its Library.
- Right-click on Sonic Frontiers, and select the Properties option.
- In the Local File tab, select Verify integrity of game files.
Steam will now verify the files, and replace the missing and corrupted ones. After the process is completed, try to launch Sonic Frontiers. If it is still not launching, make sure that the OS is using a dedicated Graphics driver.
Read: Steam Games not launching or opening on Windows
3] Add the game through the Windows Defender firewall
A lot of times, due to false alarms, Windows’ Firewall blocks games and applications. In such scenarios, we have to manually add the game through the Firewall to prevent it from having further problems while launching. Follow the steps prescribed below to do the same.
- Open the Start menu and search for “Windows Security” to open it.
- Navigate to the Firewall and Network Protection tab and click on “Allow an app through firewall”.
- Now, select the Change Settings button and allow Sonic Frontier through both Public and Private networks. In case, you can’t find the app on the list, click on Allow another app > Browse > go to the executable file > Add and then allow the app through Firewall.
Hopefully, this will do the trick for you.
4] Reinstall Visual C++ Redistributable
Sonic Frontiers will not function well need if there is any issue with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable, such as it being corrupted. Reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable will fix all potential issues with the tool. Here’s how you can do the same:
- Open Settings.
- Navigate to Apps > Apps & features or Installed apps.
- Search for “Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables”.
- For Windows 11: Click on the three vertical dots and then on Uninstall.
- For Windows 10: Tap on the app and then click on the Uninstall button.
- After uninstalling the app, download and install the latest version of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables.
Once the reinstallation process is completed, open Sonic Frontiers and see if it can launch without further issues.
5] Install the Media Feature pack
Windows’ N version has some missing media components that are necessary for Sonic Frontiers to launch properly. On some computers, this pack is not available. If this scenario is applicable, we recommend installing the Media Feature pack to clear this out. Here’s how to do the same.
- Click on the Start menu and then on the Settings option.
- Select Apps > Apps & features or Installed apps option.
- Now, click on Optional features and then select the View features button next to the ‘Add an optional feature’ option.
- Type ‘Media Feature Pack’ in the search box, and check the box next to the Media Feature Pack option.
- Click on the Next > Install button.
- To finish the installation, restart the device.
Hopefully, this will do the job.
Read: Can’t install Windows Media Feature Pack on Windows
6] Troubleshoot in Clean Boot State
An easy way to eliminate things that are interfering with the game’s process is to perform a Clean Boot. This will start the windows with a minimal set of drivers and non-essential applications which will help identify the application causing the problem.
- Click Win+R to open the Run dialog box, type MSConfig, and hit the ENTER button.
- Go to the General tab, click on Selective startup, and unmark the Load startup items checkbox.
- Mark the checkboxes of both the Use original boot configuration and Load system services settings options.
- In the Services tab, unmark the checkbox beside Hide all Microsoft services.
- Now, under the list of services, make sure to enable Sonic Frontiers services, click on the Disable all button, and hit Apply and OK to save the changes.
Restart your computer, open Sonic Frontiers after the machine comes back on and if it launches this time around, then a running process or application was the culprit. Enable processes manually and then find out which app is causing the issue.
Hopefully, this will resolve the issue for you.
Read: Why are games crashing on my PC?
Can you play Sonic Frontiers on PC?
Sonic Frontiers can be played on 64-bit Windows 11/10 computers. You just need to ensure you have an Intel Core i5-3470 or AMD Ryzen 5 1400 processor or above. One must also have at least 8 GB of RAM and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, 2 GB or AMD Radeon HD 7870, 2 GB, or better GPUs.