Some users reported that the sound of the computer stopped working completely when they install and update Windows 10. This issue comes with an error message – No audio input device found. If you are facing such an audio issue on your computer then this tutorial may help you resolve the issue.
No audio input device found
To fix this issue, follow the below suggestions:
- Run the Audio Troubleshooter
- Update your Audio driver manually
- Download and Install the new driver via Windows Update
Let us see both methods in details:
1] Run the Audio Troubleshooter
To Run the Windows Audio Troubleshooter-
- Type Troubleshoot in the search box, and it will open the Settings.
- Go to Playing Audio and click on Run Troubleshooter.
- Follow the given instructions, and normally the Troubleshooter solves the issue.
2] Update your Audio driver manually
The first method you can try to fix this issue is to update your audio driver through the Device Manager. The procedure is as follows:
- Open Device Manager.
- Double-click on Audio inputs and outputs to expand it.
- Right-click on your audio driver and select the Update driver option.
- Select Browse my computer for drivers > Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
- Mark the Show compatible hardware, select the driver, and then hit the Next button to continue.
Now let us see them in details:
Do a right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager from the user power menu.
Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and look for your audio drivers.
Once you find, right-click on it and select Update driver to update it.
On the next page, you can either search it online or browse from your computer itself.
If you select Search automatically for drivers, then Windows will look for the best available driver and also install it on your device. Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the procedure.
Alternatively, you can select Browse my computer for drivers to find out and install the driver manually.
Then select Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer to open the list of available drivers that are compatible with the device.
On the next page, check the Show compatible hardware box. Then select all of them one after another and hit the Next button to update the driver.
Note: Update the Generic Software device first.
Once it successfully updates the driver, close the window, and see if it solves the issue. If the issue is still there, try out the next effective solution.
3] Download and Install the new driver via Windows Update
If the above method doesn’t work, download the driver (if available) and then install it. Here is how to do:
To get it started, open the Windows Settings first.
Then navigate to Update & Security > Windows Update. In the right pane, check if there is a link saying View optional updates under the Check for updates button.
Under Driver updates, check if the audio driver is listed there.
If you find, mark that driver box and click on the Download and install button.
After the successful installation of the driver, check if the problem is fixed now.
Hope this helps.