If your Minecraft game is stuck on a white loading screen then this post offers working fixes to help you resolve the problem. A lot of Minecraft users have reported experiencing a white screen when trying to open the launcher. It is a major issue that prevents you from using the Minecraft app and stops you from playing your game. Now, if you are one of the affected users facing the same problem, this post is for you. In this guide, we are going to discuss several fixes that will help you get rid of the problem.
Why is my Minecraft stuck on the loading screen?
Here are the possible causes due to which your Minecraft app might get stuck on the loading screen:
- If you have outdated or corrupted graphics drivers on your system, it is most likely to cause the problem in hand. So, if the scenario is applicable, make sure you update your graphics driver to fix the problem.
- This problem may also arise in case your firewall or antivirus is blocking the connection between Minecraft servers and the game. In that case, you should be able to get rid of the issue by allowing Minecraft through your firewall.
- It can also be occurred due to some bug in the app. Hence, make sure you have updated the app to the most recent version.
- Another reason for the same problem can be the corrupted installation of the Minecraft app. If the scenario is applicable, try uninstalling and then reinstalling the app on your system.
- In many instances, the users faced this problem due to a glitch with the Runtimebroker.exe process. You can try ending the Runtimebroker.exe process from Task Manager and see if it fixes the problem for you or not.
These are some possible scenarios that might lead to a white loading screen problem with the Minecraft app. Based on the scenario best suited, you can try the below-listed fixes to resolve the problem.
Fix Minecraft stuck on White Loading Screen
Here are the fixes that you can try if you are facing the Minecraft stuck on white loading screen:
- Close Runtimebroker.exe from Task Manager.
- Update your graphics drivers.
- Allow Minecraft through Windows Firewall.
- Update Minecraft Launcher.
- Reinstall Minecraft.
Let us discuss the above solutions in detail now!
1] Close Runtimebroker.exe from Task Manager
It might sound odd, but some affected users have reported that ending the Runtimebroker.exe process from Task Manager is what helped that get rid of the white loading screen on Minecraft. The RuntimeBroker.exe process runs when there is a Windows Store app is running. You can end this process using Task Manager and then see if the problem is fixed.
Here are the steps to close the Runtimebroker.exe process:
- Firstly, open Task Manager using Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
- Now, under the Processes tab, locate the Runtime Broker process.
- Next, select the Runtime Broker process and then tap on the End Task button to close the process.
- After that, go to the Details tab and look for the RuntimeBroker.exe process.
- Then, click on the RuntimeBroker.exe process and then press the End Task button.
- Finally, relaunch the Minecraft Launcher app and see if it still gets stuck on the white loading screen or not.
If this method doesn’t help you fix the issue, we have got some fixes for you. So, try the next potential solution to resolve the problem.
2] Update your graphics drivers
This issue of Minecraft stuck at the white loading screen can be a result of outdated or faulty graphics or display drivers. So, if you don’t have up-to-date graphics drivers, it’s time to update your graphics drivers to resolve the problem.
Now, you have different methods using which you can update your GPU card drivers on Windows 11/10. Here are the methods:
- You can open the Settings app using Windows + I hotkey, then move to Windows Update > Advanced options, and use the Optional Updates feature to update your graphics drivers.
- Another method to update graphics drivers is to visit the device manufacturer’s official website and then get the latest GPU card driver from there.
- Launch Device Manager and update your graphics drivers.
- Download and install a free third-party driver updater to automatically update all your drivers including the graphics driver.
In case you have up-to-date graphics drivers and still getting the same problem, go ahead with the next potential fix to resolve the issue.
3] Allow Minecraft through Windows Firewall
In many instances, it is reported that the white screen on Minecraft might be caused due to your firewall. Your firewall might be blocking the connection between the server and the game and thus the white screen problem. So, if the scenario is applicable, you should be able to fix the problem by allowing Minecraft through Windows Firewall. Here are the steps to do that:
- Firstly, open Windows Defender Firewall from the taskbar search option.
- Now, tap on the Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall option from the left panel.
- Next, click on the Change settings button and then press the Allow another app button.
- After that, browse and select the executable of Minecraft Launcher and add it to the list.
- Then, enable Minecraft.exe on both Private and Public networks.
- Finally, press the OK button to save changes.
You can now relaunch Minecraft and then see if the problem is fixed or not.
Your antivirus can also be a reason for the same issues. In that case, you can try adding Minecraft Launcher to the exception or exclusion list of your antivirus. For example:
- If you have AVG antivirus, you can go to the Home > Options > Advanced Settings > Exceptions section and then click on the Add Exceptions option and then browse and select the Minecraft Launcher app.
- In case you are using Avast antivirus, you can go to the Settings tab, tap on Exceptions, and add Minecraft to the list.
Similarly, you can add Minecraft to the exception list of other antivirus programs too.
If you still get the same problem, move on to the next fix to get rid of the problem.
4] Update Minecraft Launcher
The problem might be with Minecraft Launcher itself. There are chances that the white screen issue is caused due to a bug in the launcher. Hence, you can try updating Minecraft Launcher and then see if the problem is fixed or not. To update Minecraft Launcher, you can open Microsoft Store and go to the Library section. Then, click on the Get updates button and it will start updating all your apps. After Minecraft is updated, relaunch it and see if the problem is fixed or not.
5] Reinstall Minecraft
If none of the above solutions works for you, the last resort is to reinstall Minecraft on your PC. The problem might be triggered due to the corrupted installation of the app. So, you can try reinstalling the app.
To do that, uninstall Minecraft by going to Settings > Apps > Apps & features and then select the Minecraft app and press the three-dot menu present beside it. After that, select the Uninstall button and confirm the uninstallation process. When you are done with uninstallation, reinstall Minecraft from Microsoft Store. Or, you can also download its installer from the web and install it on your PC. This should fix the problem for you.
Why is Minecraft not booting up?
If the Minecraft Launcher is not loading or opening on your Windows 11/10 PC, then there can be several reasons behind it. It can be due to a bad internet connection. Or, it can also occur if you are dealing with corrupted launcher files. Another common reason for the same is the issues with your graphics driver. Apart from that, the problem might occur because of an outdated Windows system or if you have installed too many mods on your PC.