If you no longer want to use the Avast and want to uninstall Avast antivirus from Windows 11/10, here is how you can do that. There are four different methods you can use to uninstall Avast antivirus from Windows computers completely.
Avast is a pretty well-functioning free antivirus software that you can use on your Windows PC. However, if you do not want to use it anymore because your subscription is expired or you want to opt for another premium antivirus tool, you have to uninstall Avast first. It is possible to do it using the official tool called Avast Uninstall Utility. Apart from that, you can use Control Panel, Windows Settings, and some other third-party software uninstallers such as Revo Uninstaller, CCleaner, etc.
How do I completely remove Avast?
To completely remove Avast antivirus from your computer, you must follow either the first or the last method mentioned on this list. Windows Settings and Control Panel won’t help you to remove Avast from your computer completely.
How to uninstall Avast antivirus from Windows 11/10
Avast won’t uninstall? Use one of these methods to successfully & completely remove or uninstall Avast antivirus from your Windows 11/10 PC:
- Use Avast Uninstall Utility
- Use Windows Settings
- Use Control Panel
- Use third-party uninstaller tool
- Using Command Prompt
To learn more about these steps, continue reading.
1] Using Avast Uninstall Utility
Avast Uninstall Utility is the official antivirus uninstaller that you can use to remove almost any program from this company. It is free to download, and you can easily use it without going through any installation process. To get started, do the following:
- Download Avast Uninstall Utility from the official website.
- Double-click on the .exe file.
- Click the Yes option in the UAC prompt.
- Click on the No button.
- Choose the Avast antivirus from the drop-down list.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Click on the Restart computer button.
For your information, you have to choose the antivirus type from the drop-down list manually. If you are using the free version, select the Avast Free Antivirus option and click the Uninstall button. If you like, you can download Avast Uninstall Utility from support.avast.com.
2] Using Windows Settings
Like most other installed software, you can uninstall Avast antivirus from Windows 11/10 computer using the Windows Settings panel. For that, you can do the following:
- Press Win+I to open Windows Settings.
- Go to Apps > Apps & features.
- Find out the Avast antivirus you want to uninstall.
- Click the three-dotted icon and select the Uninstall button.
- Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button again.
Now it will open the Avast antivirus window to complete the removal.
3] Using Control Panel
You can use the old method to uninstall Avast antivirus using Control Panel on Windows 11/10. For that, you have to follow these steps:
- Search for the control panel in the Taskbar search box.
- Click on the individual result.
- Set the View by as Category.
- Click on the Uninstall a program option.
- Select the Avast antivirus from the list.
- Click the Uninstall button.
After that, a prompt will appear on your screen, and you have to follow the screen instructions to get the job done.
4] Using third-party tool
There are some software uninstaller tools that you can use to uninstall Avast antivirus from your computer. Whether you are using a paid or free version, you can use these tools to remove the antivirus from your PC. If you want to install another software to uninstall Avast, here is a list of free uninstaller software for Windows 11/10 you can use.
5] How to uninstall Avast antivirus using command prompt
To uninstall this program using the command prompt:
- Open an elevated Command Prompt
wmicand press Enter
- Then type
product get nameand hit Enter
- In a minute, you will see the list of installed programs populated
- Locate the product name. In our case, it will be Avast Free Antivirus.
- Finally, type
product where name=”Avast Free Antivirus” call uninstalland hit Enter
- Avast will be uninstalled.
Cannot uninstall Avast?
If you cannot uninstall Avast, you can do the following:
- Follow this guide to remove Avast from startup.
- Use the official Avast Uninstall Utility to uninstall Avast.
- In most cases, Avast creates a problem when it is already running in the background.
- In that situation, you can use the Task Manager to end the Avast task and go through the removal process.
Is Avast a malware?
At times, you might find Avast as a pre-installed program on your computer. That is enough for many people to consider it as bloatware or even malware. But, no, Avast is not malware. It is exactly the opposite. Avast is a solid antivirus that protects your computer from various threats.
That’s all! Hope these guides helped you uninstalling Avast antivirus from your computer.
Related: How to use Avast extension on Chrome, Firefox and Edge.