Fortinet – a market-leading network security provider and worldwide leader of unified threat management (UTM) solutions – today announced that it is offering a standard and unmanaged version of FortiClient, that is free of charge to anyone.
Fortinet Security Suite
FortiClient standard edition offers one of the most comprehensive security suites for your PC available – including a full range of Fortinet threat protections for PCs and laptops, even when used on insecure public networks.
The Free Version includes:
- Antivirus/Antispyware engine
- SSL and IPSec VPN clients
- Personal Firewall protection
- Intrusion Prevention
- Web Filtering
- Endpoint Application Detection
- Endpoint Monitoring and Control
- WAN Optimization*
- Anti-Rootkit Protection
- Pre- and Post-Execution Behavioral Analysis
- Heuristics and Antispyware engine
- Real-Time Poisoned Webpage Protection
- FortiGuard update services –
- Antivirus/Antispyware, Web Filter,
- Application Detection, Antispam
- Online Forum (self-help).
The suite will compete against many paid products, such as suites provided by Norton, McAfee and others, who have moved beyond anti-malware protection and begun adding utility features such as automatic backup.
Fortinet said that it has improved its anti-spyware and anti-virus engines to speed up performance three times versus previous versions. Unlike some suites, the Fortinet technology uses separate engines for each. Anti-spyware sweeps can scan a full system in just seconds, according to the company. The free suite supplies definition updates once per day, while the paid version downloads them from Fortinet’s servers on an hourly basis.
· Pentium processor or equivalent
· 100 MB hard disk space
· Compatible Operating System & Minimum RAM
– Windows 2000: 128 MB
– Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit: 256 MB
– Windows Server 2003 32-bit and 64-bit: 384 MB
– Windows Vista: 512 MB
– Windows 7: 512 MB
Go here if you are looking for some more free Internet Security Suite software for your Windows computer.