If you are looking for a lightweight and easy-to-use antivirus for your Windows PC, here is 360 Internet Security. The specialty of this free Internet Security Suite is that it includes multiple antivirus engines. Its triple antivirus engine helps keep your system safe from all sorts of latest malicious threats. It claims to be fast in detecting various viruses and removes them quickly. It offers real-time protection with the help of these multiple antivirus engines. It also secures your internet browsing sessions, thereby protecting your online privacy.
360 Internet Security for Windows PC
360 Internet Security utilizes three engines, namely, 360 checksum-based cloud engine, Machine learning cloud QVM engine, and BitDefender local engine. 360 Internet Security exhibits its efficiency by proactively alerting users when suspicious programs try to access critical areas like start-up programs, system settings, system registries, and system directories.
When 360 Internet Security is active on your PC, phishing sites, malicious downloads, and unauthorized keyloggers are blocked. It also works against the webcam access programs that can steal your personal information.
Key features of 360 Internet Security antivirus
- It is built with multiple Scan Engine: Due to three types of scan engines, 360 Internet Security offers rapid detection of security threats for your system.
- It offers real-time protection: It prevents any malware from getting installed in your system due to real-time protection. The real-time alerts also help avoid any malware threats when surfing the internet.
- It offers URL protection: It also protects from online phishing.
- It offers complete protection to your privacy: Some hazardous malware and viruses try to access your private info from your system. 360 Internet Security alerts you whenever any malware or a malicious application tries to access such critical information.
- Detects threats before downloading files: The best part of this security program is that it informs the user before downloading the file whether the file is safe or not.
- Offers safety while conducting an online transaction: With 360 Internet Security, online banking transactions become safe. Its triple scan engine helps to protect your usernames and transaction passwords safe from malware. Besides, its anti-keylogger and Webcam Protection helps block malware that tries to access your private information.
360 Internet Security has been developed in China. You may want to consider an option if you are looking for a free Internet Security software since it offers all those services we look for in such security software.
You can download it from its home page. You will see two free offerings – 360 Total Security Essential and 360 Total Security.
Do let us have your feedback if you plan to use it.
Is Microsoft Defender Antivirus Free?
Microsoft offers Defender as a free security software in the name of Windows Security. It is entirely free and comes preloaded when you install Windows. It is also possible to disable it and install another security software. Though the software is good enough for regular usage, you can always choose something else if you need more.
Do I need a firewall on Windows PC?
Yes, a firewall is essential, and it should be available to offer basic protection to the OS. Windows comes with a built-in firewall that provides the necessary safety for the OS. You can also further configure according to your requirement to add new rules and exceptions.