This post will help you fix error code 0x80d03801 in Microsoft Store on a Windows 11/10 PC. Some users have reported that when they try to download or install games/apps from Microsoft Store, it doesn’t work. Instead, this error 0x80d03801 appears on the screen. The error can also occur when you try to download or launch games from the Xbox app for Windows PC. Thankfully, there are some working solutions covered in this post to fix the issue.
Before you try the fixes covered below, make sure your internet connection is not set as metered connection. If yes, you need to turn off the metered connection. Also, log out from Microsoft Store and/or Xbox app and log in again and see if it helps. If the problem continues, you can use the solutions added below.
Fix Error Code 0x80d03801 in Microsoft Store
Here are the handy solutions to fix error code 0x80d03801 in Microsoft Store on Windows 11/10:
- Reset Microsoft Store Cache
- Set Network profile type to Public
- Update apps from Microsoft Store
- Terminate, Repair, and Reset the Microsoft Store app.
Let’s check these solutions one by one.
1] Reset Microsoft Store Cache
If the Microsoft Store cache is corrupted, it may cause trouble installing apps or using the Microsoft Store app itself. That can be the reason that you face error 0x80d03801 in Microsoft Store. In that case, you should reset the Microsoft Store cache using the built-in utility WSReset.
- Close the Microsoft Store app
- Click on the Search box of Windows
- Type wsreset in the Search box
- Right-click on the wsreset search result and select Run as administrator.
The command will execute and process automatically and then the Microsoft Store app will launch automatically. This should fix the issue.
TIP: You can also use our freeware FixWin 11 for Windows 11/10 to reset the Microsoft Store cache with a few mouse clicks, re-register apps, and more. On the software interface, go to System Fixes > Page 2 tab > and press the Fix button available for the Clear and reset Store cache option.
2] Set Network profile type to Public
This solution helped some users and it is one of the best fixes to solve error 0x80d03801 in the Microsoft Store. If your network profile type is set to private, then switch or change the network profile type to the public network on your Windows 11/10 PC, and see if this works. Here are the steps:
- Open the Windows 11/10 Settings app using the Win+I hotkey
- Select the Network & internet category
- The connected WiFi, Ethernet name, etc., will be visible. There, click on the Properties option for that network
- Now, in the Network profile type section, select the Public network option
- Also, make sure that Metered connection option for your network is turned off.
Now open the Microsoft Store app and try to launch, download or install apps/games. Your problem should be gone now.
Related: Fix 0x8A150006 Microsoft Store error
3] Update apps from Microsoft Store
Outdated apps/games can cause various issues. And, this could be the reason that you get error code 0x80d03801 in Microsoft Store, Xbox app, or for some installed app that you try to launch from Microsoft Store. In that case, you should update all Microsoft Store apps (including Microsoft Store and Xbox apps).
Open the Microsoft Store app, access the Library section, and click on the Get updates button (on the top-right side). Press the Update button for Microsoft Store, Xbox app, etc., if an update is available, or use the Update all option. Once the apps are updated, restart your Windows 11/10 PC, and check if the issue is resolved.
4] Terminate, Repair, and Reset the Microsoft Store app
If the above options won’t work, then you should terminate, repair, and reset the Microsoft app. Here are the steps:
- Press the Win+I shortcut to open the Settings app of Windows 11/10
- Click on the Apps category
- Access the Installed apps section (for Windows 11). If you are using Windows 10, access the Apps & features section
- Look for the Microsoft Store app, click on the three horizontal dots icon for the app, and select the Advanced options. In Windows 10, you need to click on the Microsoft Store app, and then click on the Advanced Options button
- Scroll down the page
- Now first press the Terminate button to end all processes of Microsoft Store to close it completely, and then use the Repair button (won’t affect the app data). If this doesn’t help, press the Reset button to clear all the app data to solve your problem.
Repeat the above steps for the Xbox app if you face the same error there.
I hope this helps.
What is error code 80131500 on Microsoft Store?
The error code 0x80131500 on Microsoft Store appears when the app is not able to load the page. A white page with this error code, some instructions, etc., is visible. To fix Microsoft Store error 0x80131500 on Windows 11/10, try to refresh the page or change the internet connection. Incorrect date and time settings can also cause this issue. So, make sure that date and time settings are accurate. You can also try to change the DNS server and reset the Microsoft Store cache to solve it.
How do I fix Microsoft Store error 0x803f8001?
If you try to install some app and you face this error, then to fix Microsoft Store error 0x803F8001, first clear the app cache and check if this works. If not, temporarily disable your antivirus program or another security tool you’re using and try again. In case you are updating an app and then this error appears, then uninstall and re-install that app.