CCleaner is one of the most preferred junk temporary files cleaner and free registry cleaning software for clearing disk space and removing invalid registry entries from your Windows PC; and running it every once in a while might be good house-keeping!
UPDATE: CCleaner v4.0 includes Duplicate File Finder.
UPDATE: The new and latest version of CCleaner 3.20 has now added support to Windows 8 Release Preview and to latest versions of other popular software as well. It also brings Windows Explorer Context Menu management to Startup tool.
While the in-built Disk Cleanup utility does a good-enough job, this utility cleans more and is safe to use!
It removes unused files from your system and free’s up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. Additionally it contains a fully featured registry cleaner. But the best part is that it’s fast!
It cleans the following:
- Windows: Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
- Internet Explorer: Temporary files, history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.
- Firefox: Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history.
- Google Chrome: Temporary files, history, cookies, download history, form history.
- Opera: Temporary files, history, cookies.
- Safari: Temporary files, history, cookies, form history.
- Third-party applications: Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Google Toolbar, Netscape, Microsoft Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and more.
- Registry Cleaner: CCleaner also includes a free registry cleaner. Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more. It also comes with a comprehensive registry backup feature.
I suggest you use the CCleaner portable version or the CCleaner Slim version from Majorgeeks, as it does not come with a toolbar!
Want to add 270 more programs to CCleaner, and clean more!? Check out CCEnhancer!
Need more options? Go here !
Need a Quick Clean option? Go here!