This is one Windows Store App you definitely want to download and have on your Windows 8 computer. Disk Falcon is a Windows 8 app developed by a Game Studio. Now can you imagine what would happen if a game studio develops an app using its game engine? You have futuristic looks, great real-time animation and sci-fi inspired vocal responses to your actions, all built into the app.
Once you have installed the app, click on the start screen tile to open it. To begin the scan process, you will have to click on Scan Location to select a drive or folder you want to analyze.
I chose to scan my C drive. Although the scan appeared to be a bit slow, the animation was a treat to watch. Once the scan is completed, the results are displayed in the form of a Pie chart. The scan results can be broken down by individual files, file types, or ages.
Double-click on any segment to see deeper. Right-click on any folder and see what happens. You will be able to see the break-down right to the last file.
You can also opt to display the results as a Bar chart or Types chart.
On the right side, you will see the folders and its components displayed. Toward the bottom of the pane, you will see the drives being displayed.
One cool feature is that the app lets you delete unneeded files right from within the app itself. Unneeded files or folders can be dragged and dropped on to the special bin button to be queued up for deletion later.
Features in a nutshell:
- Fluid, futuristic user interface
- Breakdown by individual files, file types, or file ages
- Doughnut or bar chart file size visualization styles
- Real-time, animated scanning feedback and updates
- Multi-level folder disk usage visualization
- Sci-fi inspired vocal responses
- Ability to queue up and delete unneeded files from within the program
- Instant folder navigation once the scan is finished.
Head over to Microsoft to download it. Works on Windows 8 x86, x64, ARM.