Microsoft introduced the Notification syncing feature from Android phone to Windows 10 very recently. But some users have been reporting that this feature is not working properly for them. This can be caused if the link between the computer and Android device is not good or if the feature is disabled.
Your Phone app Notifications are not syncing
To resolve this issue, you may undertake the following steps:
- Relink Your Phone apps.
- Re-enable the notification on your Windows 10 computer.
- Try these fixes.
1] Relink Your Phone apps
Open Windows 10 Settings app and navigate to the following path: Phone > Unlink this PC.
On your PC, visit accounts.microsoft.com/devices, and sign in with your Microsoft account.
Open the Devices page and navigate to: Show details > More actions > Unlink this phone.
Now link your devices again.
2] Re-enable the notification on your Windows 10 computer
There may be a chance that the feature has been disabled on your computer.
To fix this, open the Your Phone app and select Settings from the left side navigation panel.
Under the section of Notifications, toggle on the following options:
- Display in the Your Phone app.
- Show notification banners.
Also, check if the notification banners are enabled for all the applications installed on your Android device on your Windows 10 device.
3] Try these fixes
Other things that you can do are:
- Enable the toggles for Notifications and Battery optimization exception in the settings section of Your Phone app on your Android device.
- Check if the permissions for Your Phone app on your Android device allow the app to read the device’s notifications.
- Also, make sure that the Your Phone app on your Android device is running in the background, and the settings permit it.
- Sometimes, being on the same WiFi network on the Android device and Windows 10 device helps in syncing the notifications.
Let us know if anything here helped you resolve the issue.
- Tags: Android