Microsoft has introduced the Notification syncing feature from iPhone or Android phone to Windows 11/10 PC. But some users have been reporting that this feature is not working properly for them. This can be caused if the link between the computer and iPhone or Android device is not good or if the feature is disabled.
Microsoft has changed the name of the Your Phone app to Microsoft Phone Link. In addition, the Your Phone Companion app is now called Link to Windows.
Phone Link notifications not working or syncing
To resolve this issue, you may undertake the following steps:
- Relink Phone Link apps.
- Re-enable the notification on your Windows 11/10 computer.
- Reset the notification permissions on Phone
- Turn off Battery Optimization settings
- Try these miscellaneous fixes.
1] Relink Phone Link apps
Open the Windows Settings app and navigate to the following path: Phone > Unlink this PC.
On your PC, visit accounts.microsoft.com/devices, and sign in with your Microsoft account.
Open the Devices page and navigate to: Show details > More actions > Unlink this phone.
Now link your devices again.
2] Re-enable the notification on your Windows computer
There may be a chance that the feature has been disabled on your computer.
To fix this, open the Phone Link app and select Settings from the left-side navigation panel.
Under the section of Notifications, toggle on the following options:
- Display in the Phone Link app.
- Show notification banners.
Also, check if the notification banners are enabled for all the applications installed on your iPhone or Android device or Windows device.
3] Reset the notification permissions on Phone
- Open Android Settings and search for Notification access.
- Find Link to Windows in the list and toggle it off and then on again.
- A popup will appear. Select Allow when prompted.
3] Turn off Battery Optimization settings
Open Android Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Link to Windows > Advanced > Battery > Manage Battery Usage > Battery optimization. Scroll down to Link to Windows and then select Don’t optimize.
Similarly, do it for iPhone.
This post will show you how to change Battery Saver Mode settings in Windows.
4] Try these miscellaneous fixes
Other things that you can do are:
- Enable the toggles for Notifications and Battery optimization exception in the settings section of the Phone Link app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Check if the permissions for Your Phone Link on your iPhone or Android device allow the app to read the device’s notifications.
- Also, make sure that the Phone Link app on your iPhone or Android device is running in the background, and the settings permit it.
- Sometimes, being on the same WiFi network on an iPhone or Android device and a Windows device helps in syncing the notifications.
- On your iOS or iPhone, check if the Share System Notifications in Bluetooth settings is disabled, if Bluetooth is disabled or if you Phone is out of Bluetooth range.
Let us know if anything here helped you resolve the issue.