At times, you may see different types of Activation Error Codes when trying to activate Windows on your computer. A similar error code 0xc004f075 has been reported by many Windows users in recent times. This error can occur during Windows Update too if it detects an Activation issue.
If you are encountering the Windows Update or Activation error code 0xc004f075, then this post might help you fix this problem. You may see the following message:
The Software Licensing Service reported that the operation cannot be completed because the service is stopping, Error code 0xc004f075 – SL_E_SERVICE_STOPPING.
Windows Update or Activation error code 0xc004f075
To fix Windows Update or Activation error code 0xc004f075, follow the below suggestions:
- Run Windows Update troubleshooter
- Run the Activation troubleshooter
- Check Windows Update and Activation-related services
- Run slmgr.vbs command
- Use Slui 3 command
- Manually download and install the update
Let us now see them in detail:
1] Run Windows Update Troubleshooter
Windows 10 comes with an inbuilt troubleshooter tool that you can use to fix most of the update-related issues on your PC. Here is a quick guide to run this application:
- So first of all, open the Windows Settings using the Windows+I keyboard shortcut.
- Click on the Update & Security Category.
- Now select Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters.
- On the next page, select Windows Update and then click the Run the troubleshooter button. At this time, you may need to wait for a while until it identifies and fixes the issue completely.
- Once done, close the troubleshooter window and restart your device.
Besides, you can also try running the Windows Update Online Troubleshooter.
2] Run the Activation Troubleshooter
You may run the Windows 10 Activation troubleshooter. It will help you to identify the most common activation issue on your device. You can use the below steps to run the tool:
To get it started, right-click on Start and select the Settings option from the menu list.
Then click on the Update & Security category.
Scroll down and select the Activation button from the left pane.
Now switch to the right-hand side and click on the Troubleshoot link.
At this time, you might need to wait for a while until the troubleshooting process gets completed.
Once done, restart your computer and check for the error code 0xc004f075.
3] Check the status of some Windows Services
If you’re still facing the problem, you can check the status of some Windows Services and check if all the services are running or not. Follow the below steps to do this.
The default configuration on a standalone Windows 10 PC is as follows:
- Windows Update Service – Manual (Triggered)
- Windows Update Medic Services – Manual
- Cryptographic Services – Automatic
- Background Intelligent Transfer Service – Manual
- DCOM Server Process Launcher – Automatic
- RPC Endpoint Mapper – Automatic
- Windows Installer – Manual.
This will ensure that the required Services are available.
Apart from the direct service, you should find the dependencies of Windows Update service and ensure if they are running or not.
To get started, search for “services” in the Taskbar search box and click on the search result. After opening the Services window, find out Windows Update, DCOM Server Process Launcher, and RPC Endpoint Mapper. Check if they are running or not.
If not, you need to start those services one after one.
4] Use SLMGR command
You can try running the SLMGR commands on the elevated Command Prompt to deactivate, uninstall & reinstall the Windows Product Key.
Type ‘cmd’ in the search bar and then press Ctrl +Shift +Enter to open the Command Prompt with administrative privileges.
If UAC prompts on the screen, click ‘Yes’ to grant administrative privileges.
Now in the command prompt window, type the following commands and hit Enter after each command.
This will reinstall the key:
slmgr /ipk <Windows Key>
The following command will make Windows OS attempt activation:
In the above command line, don’t forget to replace the Windows Key with your license key.
Once you’re done, restart your PC and see.
5] Use Slui 3 command
You can also activate Windows using the
SLUI.EXE 3 command. You can get more information in this post on how to activate Windows Enterprise Edition.
In this method, you can use the slui.exe command line to fix this error code. Do the following to run the command:
- Right-click on the Start button and click on the Run option.
- Type “Slui 3” in the Run dialog box and hit the Enter key.
- Click on the Yes button if UAC prompts on your computer screen.
- On the next screen, enter the 25-digit product key and then click the Next button.
Restart your computer and see if it’s resolved the issue. If you’re still facing the issue, continue to the next workaround.
6] Manually download & install the update
If none of the above solutions help you fix the error code, you will have to manually download and install the update from the Microsoft Update Catalog site.
These posts may interest you:
Hope it helps.