With Apple or Microsoft apps and services, you can connect your iPhone and Surface devices, both of which work great together – and you can get your pictures, files, and contacts anywhere, with whatever device you use. In this post, we will show you how to connect and use the Surface device with iPhone, iCloud, and iTunes.
Using Surface device with iPhone, iCloud, and iTunes
We will be discussing this topic under the following headings:
Get iTunes for your Surface
You can purchase, download, and stream music from iTunes with your Surface PC. You can also sync your iOS devices to your Surface using iTunes for Windows 10.
Set up iCloud for Windows
iCloud allows you to sync your photos, contacts, and bookmarks to your Surface. Here’s how to set up iCloud on Windows 10:
- On your Surface, download iCloud for Windows.
- Install iCloud for Windows, then restart your device.
- iCloud will open and ask you to sign in. If you don’t see it, go to Start , search for iCloud, and then select it.
- Sign in with your AppleID.
- Choose what you want to sync to your Surface.
- Select Apply.
Sync your iPhone and Surface using OneDrive
With OneDrive, you can syncs photos and files from your iPhone to your Surface – this requires you to sign in to your Microsoft account first. Since OneDrive is a cloud service, any updates or changes you make in OneDrive will appear on both your devices.
Sign in to OneDrive on Surface
To sign in to OneDrive on Surface, do the following:
- Select Start > Settings > Accounts > Email & app accounts > Add an account.
- Sign in with your Microsoft account and follow the prompts.
Sign in to OneDrive on iPhone
- Download the OneDrive app for iPhone.
- In the OneDrive app, sign in with your Microsoft account, then follow the instructions.
Get photos from your iPhone to your Surface
With the OneDrive app, you can upload photos taken on your iPhone, which you can access from your Surface PC as well.
Upload your photos to OneDrive from iPhone
To upload your photos to OneDrive from iPhone, you can use the OneDrive Camera Upload app.
Once you have uploaded your photos to OneDrive, you can see your photos on your Surface device in File Explorer. Here’s how:
- On your Surface, select File Explorer on the taskbar.
- In File Explorer, select OneDrive on the left side.
- Sign in with the same Microsoft account used on your iPhone to link your Surface to OneDrive.
- Once your OneDrive folders appear, select Pictures > Camera Roll.
Use Office apps on your Surface and iPhone
You’ll be able to create, edit, and share Office documents directly from your iPhone and continue working on your Surface while on the go.
- Search for Microsoft Office in the Apple App Store.
- Select Install next to the Office app you want.
- Once installed, open the app to begin editing documents you saved on OneDrive.
The Changes will be saved across devices so you can start work on your iPhone and continue on your Surface.
See your email accounts and calendars in one place with Microsoft Outlook
You can use Microsoft Outlook on your iPhone to stay organized. When you set up Microsoft Outlook, you can:
- Get all your important email in a focused inbox.
- Search contacts and attachments from all your email accounts.
- See your calendar appointments and reminders across all your accounts with different views.
Browse the web on your iPhone, continue on your Surface
You’ll have a seamless web browsing experience by linking your iPhone and Surface together. You can open a web page using Microsoft Edge on your iPhone, then continue reading it on your Surface – to achieve this, you’ll have to send the webpage from your iPhone to your Surface device. Here’s how:
On your iPhone:
- Open a webpage in Microsoft Edge .
- In the bottom toolbar, select Continue on PC.
- Send the webpage to your Surface by selecting Choose a PC to open this now or Continue Later.
Choose a PC to open this now will let you choose a linked computer that is powered on and connected to the internet.
Continue later sends the webpage to all of your linked computers for later access – when you need to access the webpage, all you need to do is, navigate to Action Center and select the webpage to open it on your Surface.
Hope you find this post informative enough!