When visiting a website if you receive an error saying Error 130 (net:: ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED) Proxy server connection failed or Unable to connect to the proxy server, then its because your proxy server is causing an issue. Either the proxy connection on your computer is invalid or if there is a proxy used by the website is misconfigured. In this post, we are going to share how you can fix this Error Code 130.
Unable To Connect To The Proxy Server
1] Remove or Reconfigure Proxy
- Press Windows Key + R then type “inetcpl.cpl” and hit enter to open Internet Properties.
- Next, Go to Connections tab and select LAN settings.
- Uncheck Use a Proxy Server for your LAN and make sure “Automatically detect settings” is checked.
- Click Ok then Apply and reboot your PC.
If you are using a third-party proxy service, make sure to disable it.
If you are the website owner who is using Proxy software for your website, make sure to check the configuration of the software.
2] Flush DNS, reset Winsock and reset TCP/IP
You can also use our freeware FixWin to carry out these three operations with a click.
3] Run Network Troubleshooters
See if any one of these 5 Network Troubleshooters are able to help you fix the problem.
4] Use Google Public DNS
If it does not help, use Google Public DNS and see if that works for you. You need to explicitly change the DNS settings in your operating system use the DNS IP addresses. Whenever you type the domain name into the browser, it is a known fact that DNS will look for the IP address of the domain name and return the result to you.
- First of all, right-click on the taskbar Network icon and select Network and Sharing Center.
- Select “Change Adapter Settings”.
- Search for the network connection that is used to connect to the internet; the option might be either “Local Area Connection” or “Wireless Connection”.
- Right-click on it and click Properties.
- Choose the new window to select “Internet Protocol 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and then click the Properties button.
- Click the checkbox for “Use the following DNS server addresses” in the new window.
- Enter in 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124
- Finally, click OK and exit.
We hope one of these tips help you get rid of the error.