Is the sound not working in the Warzone game on your PC? Does the Warzone game audio keep cutting in between? If you are experiencing any of these issues, this post is for you. In this guide, we will discuss why sound problems occur in Warzone and how you can fix these issues.
Why is the audio not working in Warzone 2?
If audio is not working in Warzone/Warzone 2, it could be your system’s sound settings at fault. You must ensure that your PC or in-game audio is not muted and that the correct default playback and communication device is selected. Besides that, outdated audio drivers, unoptimized in-game audio settings, conflicting programs, running an outdated game version, and corrupted game files can be other reasons for the same issue.
Fix Warzone no sound issues on Windows PC
Here are the methods you can use to fix sound or audio issues in Warzone on Windows:
- Make sure your sound settings are correct.
- Check your headset or speaker.
- Check Warzone’s in-game audio settings.
- Update your audio driver to the latest version.
- Modify your audio channel.
- Disable Spatial Sound.
- Exit conflicting programs.
- Scan and repair the game files.
- Update Warzone.
Before trying the above fixes, you can try running Windows’ inbuilt Audio troubleshooter to fix Warzone audio issues. Also, if you are facing audio issues in other apps as well, use these Audio troubleshooting methods.
1] Make sure your sound settings are correct
Your system’s sound settings might be unoptimized or incorrect which is why you are facing audio issues in Warzone. Although audio settings like default input/output devices are optimized by default, there are instances when the settings are changed knowingly or unknowingly. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, you can cross-check Windows sound settings and change them accordingly.
- Firstly, from your taskbar, right-click on the volume icon and choose the Sound Settings option.
- In the appeared Sound settings window, click on the More sound settings option.
- Now, go to the Playback tab, select the currently used headset or speaker, and press the Set Default button.
- Once done, move to the Recording tab, choose the active microphone, and click on the Set Default button.
- After that, if there are too many unused devices, disable them. Right-click on a device and choose the Disable option from the appeared context menu.
- Finally, open Warzone and check if the problem is resolved.
2] Check your headset or speaker
The next thing you should do is check if your headset or speaker and make sure it is not physically damaged or in proper working condition. Also, try plugging it into a different USB port and see if it works or not. The volume of your headset should also be set high.
3] Check Warzone’s in-game audio settings
Incorrect in-game audio settings in Warzone will cause audio problems in the game. So, cross-check in-game audio configurations and make sure the settings like Master Volume, Music Volume, Dialogue Volume, Effects Volume, Voice Chat Volume, Microphone Volume, and more are correctly set up.
4] Update your audio driver to the latest version
Sound issues are usually linked to your audio drivers. You might be dealing with no sound issue in Warzone due to corrupted audio drivers. So, update your audio drivers, and if that doesn’t help, uninstall and reinstall audio drivers. Check if this helps.
4] Modify your audio channel
This problem might occur if output audio devices with high-end functions are not working correctly on your PC. Hence, you can try changing your audio channel and see if it helps. Here’s how:
- First, right-click on the taskbar volume icon, choose Sound Settings, and click on the More sound settings option.
- Now, in the Playback tab, choose your default playback device and click on the Configure button.
- Next, under Audio Channels, choose Stereo and press the Next button.
- After that, tick the Front left and right checkbox and hit the Next button.
- Finally, press the Finish button to save changes.
5] Disable Spatial Sound
You can also try disabling the Spatial Sound in your Sound Settings and see if the problem is fixed. Open the Settings app using Win+I and go to the System > Sound section. After that, choose your output audio device under the Output section. Now, look for the Spatial Sound option at the end of the window and set it to Off. Check if sound issues in Warzone are fixed now.
6] Exit conflicting programs
Audio issues in Warzone might be caused due to a conflicting program like Discord, Skype, etc. running in the background on your PC. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, you can close such a program and see if it helps.
7] Scan and repair the game files
If you have checked your headset and sound settings still, the problem is the same, it might be your game files causing the problem. It is likely that Warzone’s game files are corrupted, infected, or outdated. So, in that case, you can verify the integrity of the game files of Warzone and check if the problem is fixed.
- First, open the Battle.net client and choose the Warzone game.
- Now, tap on the Gear-shaped button present next to it.
- From the available options, choose the Scan and Repair option.
- Next, hit the Begin Scan button and let the game launcher verify and repair the game files.
- Once done, reboot your PC, open Battle.net, and launch Warzone to check if the problem is fixed.
8] Update Warzone
If you are running an outdated version of Warzone, you are likely to experience performance issues like audio problems. So, if the scenario applies, install the latest game patches available for Warzone and check if the problem is resolved. Here’s how you can do that:
- First, open the Battle.net client and click on the Blizzard icon present in the top-left corner.
- Now, go to the Settings > Game Install/Update option.
- After that, set the Check that automatic updates option to Apply latest updates and download future patch data for recently played games.
- Next, click on the Done button and restart Battle.net to let it install the latest game patches.
- Once done, relaunch Warzone and check if the problem is fixed.
Why is the sound not working on Warzone Xbox?
If the sound is not working in Warzone on Xbox, it might be the case that your TV is put on mute. In addition, it might be the case that the external or built-in TV speakers are not correctly connected and switched on. So, make sure your TV audio is not on mute and that TV & HDMI connections are correct. You can also try running the Audio setup tool on your console to fix the issue. To do that, here are the steps to follow:
- First, tap on the Xbox button to open up the Guide menu and then choose the Profile & system option.
- Now, go to the Settings > General > Volume & audio output option.
- Next, under the Advanced section, choose the Audio setup option.
- After that, highlight the preferred audio setup option and tap on the A button on your controller to start the audio test.
- Once the test is done, fix the detected errors and see if the problem is fixed.