In this post, we will help you with how to print an email from the Mail app and Outlook in Windows 11/10. Windows Mail app and Outlook desktop client come with a lot of interesting features or options. You can backup emails or export emails, add a signature, set automatic replies, and more. Sometimes, we also need to take print of emails. And like any other best free email client, the Mail app and Outlook have a built-in option to print an email.
You can choose if you want to generate a hard copy of your email, print email as a PDF file using the Print to PDF feature of Windows 11/10, save email as an XPS format file using Microsoft XPS Document Writer, etc.
Print an email from Mail app in Windows 11/10
Here are the steps to print an email from the Windows 10 Mail app:
- Open Mail app using the Search box, taskbar icon, or any other ways
- Add an email account from which you want to take a print. If the account is already added and there are multiple accounts in the Mail app, then select an account from the left sidebar
- Select or open an email
- Click on the Actions icon (three vertical dots) available on the top right corner
- Click on the Print option to open the Printer window. You can also simply use the global hotkey Ctrl+P to open that window
- Click on the drop-down menu available for the Printer section
- Select a printer. You can also use Add a printer option in that section if your printer is not added already
- Set options like page orientation, number of pages (all, current page, or custom range), paper size, and more. Or else, you can continue with the default options
- Click on the Print button available on the bottom left side.
This will print the selected email.
Print an email from Outlook in Windows 11/10
Like the Mail app, you can also use Outlook to save email as PDF or generate a hard copy. Just follow some simple steps:
- Open Outlook desktop client from Start menu or Search box
- Add an email account (if not already). If multiple accounts are added, then select an account using the left sidebar
- Select an email that you want to print. You can also select multiple emails for printing
- Click on the File menu
- Click on the Print option to open the print panel. Or else, use the global hotkey Ctrl+P
- In the Print panel, select a printer using the drop-down menu. You can also add a printer if your printer is not on the list
- Set Print options like page range, number of copies, print style, and more
- Click on the Print button.
It will print the email(s) and you can use the output as you want.
Hope this is helpful.