In this post, we are going to talk about what you can do if Outlook does not receive emails from Gmail. Outlook is useful for sending and receiving emails, managing calendars storing numbers, and keeping track of different tasks. The best part about this platform is that it works absolutely fine with all the other email providers including Gmail, iCloud, Yahoo, and many more. However, with the latest Windows update, Microsoft Outlook has stopped receiving emails from Gmail. So, if you are experiencing the same problem, follow the below-mentioned workarounds to fix the issue.
Outlook not receiving emails from Gmail
Here’s a list of all the effective methods you can try in case Microsoft Outlook is not receiving emails from Gmail on Windows 10/11-
- Repair the Gmail Account
- Turn On the Outlook Notification
- Add Gmail Account Again
- Check the Gmail Server
- Change Gmail Rules
- Update the App
Now, let’s check out all these solutions in detail.
1] Repair the Gmail Account
The very first solution you can try is to repair the Gmail account in Outlook. The best part about Microsoft Outlook is that it features an option using which you can easily repair different email providers in the app. So, if you are not receiving emails from Gmail on Outlook, you will have to go to the repair process to fix the problem. To do so, follow the below steps.
- Launch the Outlook app on your system.
- Click on the File option present at the top left corner.
- Tap on the dropdown icon present under the Account Settings option.
- Choose Account Settings from the list of options.
- In the following window, select your Gmail account.
- Tap on the Repair option.
Once done, restart your system. Open Outlook, and check whether you are receiving emails from Gmail or not.
2] Turn On the Outlook Notification
The probability is high that you would have disabled the Outlook notification because of which you are not receiving the emails. This situation becomes applicable if you receive the mails only by opening the Outlook app. In such a case, you will have to enable the Outlook notification on Windows. Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Press the Windows + I shortcut key to open the Windows settings.
- Navigate to System > Notification.
- Enable the toggle next to the Notifications option.
- Enable the toggle next to the Outlook app.
That’s it. Check if you are receiving email notifications or not.
3] Add Gmail Account Again
The next thing you can try in the situation is to add the Gmail account all over again. This method has helped most of the sufferers and hopefully will work for you as well. Here are the steps you need to follow to get the work done.
- Open Outlook on your system.
- Locate your Gmail account on the Outlook window. Generally, it is situated at the left panel of the screen.
- Right-click on your Gmail ID and choose Remove from the list of options that pops up.
- On the confirmation box that pops up, click the Remove option again.
Now your Gmail account has been removed from Microsoft Outlook. It’s time to log in again with your account. To do so, follow the below steps.
- On the Outlook window, click on the File option present at the top left corner of the screen.
- In the following window, tap the Add Account option.
- Enter your Google credentials to integrate Gmail with Outlook all over again.
That’s it. Check if the problem is fixed or not.
4] Check the Gmail Server
If you are not receiving the emails from Gmail on Outlook just now and were receiving them earlier, the probability is high that currently, the Gmail server is down. Like any other application, Gmail servers can go down any time due to some internal reasons. If this situation is applicable, it’s no surprise you are dealing with the issue. You can check the Gmail server status by visiting any of the online server detector websites.
5] Change Gmail Rules
Outlook comes with a feature using which you can send emails from a certain address directly to the spam folder. This feature will be the main reason you are not receiving emails from Gmail if the problem is happening with some particular email address. Here are the steps you need to follow to change the Gmail rules on Outlook.
- Open Outlook > File.
- Click on the Manage Rules and Alerts option.
- Choose the email provider from which you are not receiving emails.
- Click on the Delete option.
That’s it. Check if the problem persists.
6] Update the Outlook App
If you are still facing the problem, you can try updating the Outlook app and check if it solves the problem. Sometimes an outdated app can be the reason behind different issues including the one you are currently facing. Update Outlook by following the below steps.
- Launch Outlook > File.
- Click on the Office Account option present on the left panel of the screen.
- Tap on the dropdown arrow present under Update options.
- Choose the Update Now option.
Now Microsoft will look for any available update. If found, it will automatically update Outlook.
Why is Outlook not receiving emails from Gmail?
There can be multiple reasons why Outlook is not receiving emails from Gmail on Windows. From outdated Outlook app, disabled Outlook notification, damaged Gmail account, to Gmail servers, anything can be responsible for the mentioned problem. Thankfully, it’s very easy to troubleshoot this issue.
Can Outlook receive Gmail emails?
Yes, Outlook can receive mails from Gmail on Windows without any problem. So if you are someone who prefers the Microsoft Outlook interface, but has been using Gmail accounts for ages, there is nothing to worry about. You just need to add your Gmail account to Outlook to access both platforms efficiently.
Why are emails not showing up in my inbox Outlook?
The one and the only reason why emails are not showing up in your inbox Outlook is the default view settings. Outlook comes with numerous features including filters, sorting messages, and more. And either of these features can be hiding all those emails in the default view. To fix this problem, you just need to change the View settings on Outlook.