You may encounter the OneDrive Error 0x80070184, The cloud sync provider failed to perform the operation due to network being unavailable when you try to sync your files with OneDrive on your Windows 10 device. In this post, we will provide the most suitable solutions you can try to successfully resolve this OneDrive sync error.
OneDrive Error 0x80070184: The cloud sync provider failed to perform the operation due to network being unavailable
If you’re faced with this issue, you can try either of the recommended solutions below to resolve the issue.
- Check network connection
- Reset OneDrive
- Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive
Let’s take a look at the description of the process involved concerning each of the listed solutions.
1] Check network connection
As indicated in the error prompt, you may have been intermittently disconnected from the network. So, check your network connection is stable. Also, you can try switching network connection mode (from ethernet to WiFi and vice-versa) and see if that helps.
If your network connection is stable, you can run the Network Troubleshooter on your Windows 10 device.
2] Reset OneDrive
To reset OneDrive, do the following:
- Press Windows key + R to invoke the Run dialog box.
- In the Run dialog box, type or copy and paste in the command below and hit Enter:
If resetting OneDrive fails to resolve the issue, proceed with the next solution.
3] Uninstall and reinstall OneDrive
To uninstall and reinstall OneDrive on your Windows 10 computer, do the following:
- Press Windows key + R to invoke the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog box, type cmd and then press CTRL + SHIFT + ENTER to open Command Prompt in admin mode.
- In the command prompt window, type the command below and hit Enter to close OneDrive:
taskkill /f /im OneDrive.exe
Once the command executes, you can now proceed as follows to uninstall OneDrive:
- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
- Select Apps.
- Select Apps & features in the left pane.
- In the right pane, scroll to locate and click OneDrive.
- Select Uninstall and wait for the process to complete.
Alternatively, you can uninstall OneDrive via Command Prompt, as follows:
In the elevated command prompt, depending on your OS architecture (32bit or 64bit), run the following command:
For Windows 10 32bit (x86) system:
For Windows 10 64bit system:
Once you have OneDrive completely uninstalled from your device, you can download the latest version of OneDrive and run the downloaded OneDriveSetup.exe file to install OneDrive on your computer. Once done, you can sign into your account and start syncing without issues.
Hope this helps!
- Tags: OneDrive