There are multiple and built-in ways in Windows 11 to change sound volume or system volume. In this post, we have added all such options. When your computer sound volume is too low or high, you can try any of these options to change or adjust the output volume level from 0 to 100 for your Windows 11 desktop or laptop.
How to change sound volume in Windows 11
This post includes four ways to change system sound volume in Windows 11. These are:
- Using Quick Settings
- Using Settings app
- Using hardware buttons or keyboard keys
- Using Xbox Game Bar.
Let’s have a look at all these options one by one.
1] Using Quick Settings
This is the easiest way to change output volume on your Windows 11 computer. The steps are as follows:
- Click on the volume icon available on the system tray of the Windows 11 taskbar. This will open the Quick Settings menu
- There you will see a slider. Move it to the left or right to adjust the volume.
There is also an option to mute/unmute volume in the Quick Settings.
2] Using Settings app
The Settings app lets you change sound volume in two ways. These are:
- Via Sound Settings page
- Via Volume Mixer.
Let’s check both options.
Via Sound Settings page
These are the steps:
- Right-click on the Start button of Windows 11
- Click on the Settings option
- In the Settings app, click on the Sound page available under the System category
- On the Sound page, select your output device for which you want to change the volume
- Use the Slider available for Volume option to change volume level for the selected output device.
You can also adjust input sound volume on the same Sound page. Just access the Input section, select your input volume device and use the volume slider.
Via Volume Mixer
The settings app also contains a Volume mixer page that you use to change system sound. Here are the steps:
- Right-click on the Volume icon available in the system tray of the taskbar
- Click on the Open volume mixer option
- In the Volume mixer page under the Settings app, you will see a volume slider for the system volume. Use that slider to adjust the volume. You can also select output and input sound devices and then adjust the volume.
3] Using hardware buttons or keyboard keys
All the latest computers and laptops come with volume keys on their keyboards. You just need to use those keys to adjust the output sound volume. Most of the laptops and desktops provide volume keys in the function keys section (available on the top part of the keyboard layout).
To change volume level in some computers/laptops, you need to press and hold the fn key and then use the volume keys to increase or decrease the sound volume.
4] Using Xbox Game Bar
Xbox Game Bar (or Game Bar) is a native feature of Windows 11/10 that helps to take screenshots while playing video games and record video games. This feature can also be used to change output sound volume in Windows 11. For that, follow these steps:
- Press Win+G hotkey. This will launch Game Bar
- There, click on the audio or volume icon. This will open the Audio tab of the Game Bar
- In the Audio tab, click on the MIX option
- Now you can select Windows Default Output sound device using the available drop-down menu
- Once the output sound device is selected, use the volume slider, and change the sound volume.
How do I adjust sound volume?
If you want to know how to adjust sound volume in Windows 11 OS, then there are some very simple options that let you adjust the sound volume between 0 to 100%. You can change the sound volume using Quick Settings, Settings app, or other ways on Windows 11 computer. All such options are covered by us with all the necessary steps in this post above.
How do I change the default Windows volume?
For those who are using Windows 11 OS, changing the default Windows volume is pretty easy. You can either take the help of the Audio tab of the Game Bar (Win+G) or the Sound page of the Settings app to change the default output sound device. Once you have selected the output device for sound, you can set the volume level using the available volume slider.
Read next: Boost or increase Microphone volume in Windows.