Your Phone app has become a hub to sync notifications from any Phone to your Windows 10 computer. It has replaced the Cortana app in enabling the same feature. While a user cannot replicate their Phone apps on their Windows 10 devices, they can, however, get all the information right without switching devices. While these instructions will work for iPhone as well as the Android phone, we are taking the example of an Android phone as I use it.
How to get Phone notifications on Windows 10 PC
In this guide, we will be covering two aspects. They are as follows:
- Enable this Notifications feature.
- Customize the apps that send notifications.
1] Enable this Notifications feature
You need to make sure that the Your Phone app on your Windows 10 computer and Android device is up to date.
Then have the devices paired and all set up.
On the Windows 10 PC app, navigate to the Notifications menu.
It will describe the feature. Select Get Started.
The app will ask you to provide notification access to Your Phone for Android on your other device.
Next, the settings page will open automatically, and you will have to toggle the option on for Your Phone Companion.
All the notifications from your Android device will now be visible on your Windows 10 computer.
2] Customizing the apps that send notifications
Open the Your Phone app on your Windows 10 PC.
Select the Settings option from the bottom left corner. Scroll down to the section called Notifications.
You will get two options. They are:
- Display in the Your Phone app – Will toggle this feature on the Windows 10 PC.
- Show notification banners – Toggle the service of notification banners.
If you select Pick which apps notify you, you can individually select apps to enable or disable their respective notifications on your Windows 10 PC.
I hope this guide was useful.
- What is YourPhone.exe process in Windows 10
- Make Your Phone app Sync over mobile data
- How to disable Your Phone linking feature
- Your Phone app not working
- How to uninstall Your Phone app.