Are you experiencing Memory Error 19-1367 in Modern Warfare 2? Several COD Modern Warfare 2 players have reported of getting Memory Error 19-1367 while playing the game. This error is reported to occur on both PC and Xbox consoles. It can occur in different scenarios. If you have an outdated, corrupted, or faulty graphics driver or outdated Windows OS, you might experience this error. You might also face this error because of damaged game files, virus infection, or antivirus interference. Some Xbox users have reported encountering this error due to the enabled Crossplay function on their console.
Fix Memory Error 19-1367 in Modern Warfare 2
Here are the fixes you can use to resolve the Memory Error 19-1367 error in Modern Warfare 2 on PC or Xbox consoles:
- Try some generic fixes.
- Make sure your GPU driver is up-to-date.
- Scan and repair the game files.
- Disable Crossplay (Xbox).
- Run a virus scan.
- Turn off your antivirus temporarily.
1] Try some generic fixes
Before moving on to advanced solutions, we recommend you use some generic troubleshooting methods to fix the issue.
- To start with, restart your game to remove temporary glitches and see if the error is fixed. If not, restart your computer and check if the error is fixed.
- If there are too many applications running in the background, it can cause the error at hand. So, terminate the unwanted programs using Task Manager and then check if it helps in eliminating the error at hand.
- You should also update your Windows OS and the game version to its latest version.
2] Make sure your GPU driver is up-to-date
Memory Error 19-1367 in Modern Warfare 2 could be a result of an outdated or faulty graphics driver. Hence, it is recommended to install the latest version of your graphics driver on your PC to avoid such errors.
There are different ways to update graphics drivers. The most common and easy one is via the Settings app.
Hit Win+I to launch the Settings app and then tap on Windows Update > Advanced options. Now, click on the Optional Updates option where you can see all the pending optional updates including drive updates. Simply download and install driver updates and reboot your PC.
Once the graphics driver is updated, open Modern Warfare 2 and see if the error at hand is resolved or not.
3] Scan and repair the game files
Another potential cause of this error could be infected game files of Modern Warfare 2. A lot of such errors are triggered due to missing and damaged game files. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, verify the integrity of the game files to fix the error. Here’s how you can do that:
- First, open the Battle.net launcher and move to the GAMES tab.
- After that, select the Modern Warfare 2 game from your library.
- Next, press the gear icon available next to the Play button.
- Now, click on the Scan and Repair option and the launcher will start verifying and repairing the game files.
- When finished, relaunch Modern Warfare 2 and check if the error is gone.
4] Disable Crossplay (Xbox)
If you are experiencing this error on your Xbox console, you can disable the Crossplay feature and then try playing Modern Warfare 2. Several affected users were able to fix this issue by turning off Crossplay on their consoles. So, you can try doing the same and check if it helps. Here’s how you can do that:
- First, press the Xbox button on your controller and then click on the Profile & system > Settings option.
- Now, go to the General tab and select Online safety & family.
- Next, click on the Privacy & online safety option and then choose Xbox privacy.
- After that, click View details & customize and choose the Communications & multiplayer option.
- Now, under the You can join cross-network play setting, choose the Block option.
- Once done, reopen Modern Warfare and check if Memory Error 19-1367 error is fixed.
5] Run a virus scan
If none of the above solutions worked, the error might be caused due a virus or malware on your system. Hence, perform a virus scan, eliminate the potential threats, and then check if the error is fixed or not.
6] Turn off your antivirus temporarily
Third-party antivirus applications are known to cause interruptions in games. This error might be a result of an interruption by your antivirus. Hence, temporarily disable your antivirus and then check if the error is resolved or not. If the error is fixed, you can permanently fix the error by adding the game executable to the whitelist.
Why does Warzone say Memory Error?
Memory Error 13-71 in Warzone is usually caused due to a Regiment bug. Hence, if applicable, you can delete the Regiment tag or remove yourself from active regiments to fix the error. In case this error appears on Xbox One/Series consoles, it might be caused because of the Crossplay feature. So, disable Crossplay to fix the Memory Error 13-71 in Warzone.
How do I fix high memory usage in games?
To fix high memory usage while playing games on Windows PC, scan for malware or virus infection by running an antivirus scan and eliminate/quarantine the detected viruses from your computer. Besides that, you can also try disabling Windows Search Indexer and turning off hibernation to fix the issue. If these solutions don’t work, play the game in a Clean Boot state and check if the problem is fixed.