Are you experiencing error code CAA2000B in Office apps like Outlook, Word, or Excel? If so, this post will interest you. Here, we will be listing all the working fixes using which you can get rid of the CAA2000B error in Office apps. Earlier, we covered error code CAA2000B in Microsoft Teams. But, this error is also reported to occur on other Office applications, especially Outlook. When triggered, you will get the following error message:
Something went wrong
We weren’t able to register your device and add your account to Windows. Your access to org resources may be limited.
Another error message that users have reported getting when receiving this message is as follows:
Something went wrong
We couldn’t sign you in. If this error persists, contact your system administrator and provide the error code CAA2000B.
This error code is likely to be caused when your system administrator has disabled a particular Office app on your system. However, it can also be a result of a number of factors including wrong date and time settings, outdated Office apps, corrupted profile, etc. In any case, you can follow the fixes we have mentioned here and resolve this error.
Fix CAA2000B Office Outlook, Word or Excel error
To fix the error code CAA2000B in Office apps including Outlook, Word, or Excel, you can follow the below methods:
- Make sure you have set the correct date and time on your computer.
- Clear the app cache.
- Create a new Outlook profile.
- Update your Office app.
- Disable Use Cached Exchange Mode in Outlook.
- Contact your system admin.
1] Make sure you have set the correct date and time on your computer
First, you need to ensure that your PC’s date and time settings are configured correctly. Otherwise, you will likely experience the error CAA2000B in Outlook, Word, Excel, and other Office apps. Here are the steps to set up the correct date and time on Windows 11:
- First, open the Settings app using Windows+I key combination.
- Now, go to the Time & language tab from the left-side pane.
- After that, click on the Date & time option.
- Next, switch on the toggles associated with the Set time automatically and Set time zone automatically options.
- Finally, open your Office app where you were experiencing error code CAA2000B and see if it is fixed or not.
2] Clear the app cache
The next thing you can do is clear the cache associated with the problematic Office app. This error could very well be facilitated due to a corrupted cache linked with your app. Hence, if the scenario is applicable, deleting the app cache store on your computer will help you fix the error. For example, if you are facing this error on the Outlook app, here are the steps you can follow to clear Outlook cache:
- Firstly, open the Run dialog box using the Win+R hotkey.
- Now, type the below address in the Open field and press the Enter button:
- Next, in the opened location, double-click on the RoamCache folder to open it.
- After that, select all the files in the opened folder using Ctrl+A and then press the Delete button to clear them.
- When done, restart your computer and check if the error CAA2000B is fixed or not.
3] Create a new Outlook profile
If you are facing this error in MS Outlook, it might be the case that the error is triggered due to a corrupted Outlook profile. So, if that is the case, you can create a new profile and then check if the error is resolved. Here are the steps to do that:
- First, open the Control Panel using the Windows Search function.
- Now, click on the Mail option from the available menu.
- After that, press the Show Profiles button in the Mail -Setup dialog.
- In the next prompt, press the Add button, and then add your Profile name and press OK.
- Next, enter your email address, password, and name, and click on the Next > Apply option to create a new profile.
- Finally, reopen Outlook and log in with the newly created profile, and see if the error code CAA2000B is fixed or not.
You can also create a new profile in Outlook using the below method:
- First, open Outlook and go to the File menu.
- Now, click on the Account Settings > Manage Profiles option.
- Next, go to the Show Profiles option and then tap on the Add button.
- After that, enter a new profile name and press the OK button.
See if the error code CAA2000B is now resolved. If not, move on to the next solution.
4] Update your Office app
This error might be a result of using an outdated version of your Office apps. Hence, you must ensure that your Office is up-to-date. To do that, open your Office app with which you are experiencing this error and then go to its File menu. After that, click on the Account option and then press the Update Now button, which is present under the Office Updates section. Once the app is updated, you can relaunch it and check if the error code CAA2000B is resolved. In case the error continues to appear, you can move on to the next fix.
5] Disable Use Cached Exchange Mode in Outlook
To fix this error in Outlook, you can try disabling the Use Cached Exchange Mode option in its settings. This method was helpful for a few affected users and might just work for you as well. So, do that and check if the error is fixed or not. Here are the steps to turn off the Use Cached Exchange Mode in Outlook:
- First, open the Outlook app and go to the FILE menu from the top menubar.
- Now, click on the Account Settings > Account Settings button and then select your Exchange or Microsoft 365 account.
- After that, tap on the Change button and uncheck the Use Cached Exchange Mode option present under the Offline Settings section.
- Once done, restart your Outlook app and check if the error is fixed or not.
6] Contact your system admin
You can also try contacting your system administrator and ask for a solution. As per the error message, it might be the case that this error code might be triggered if the app has been disabled by your administrator. So, you can contact your Tenant administrator and check with him/her if the app is blocked.
Why can’t I log into Microsoft Teams?
If you are unable to log into your Microsoft Teams app, you might have entered incorrect login credentials. Hence, ensure that your username and password are correct, and then retry signing into your account. Apart from that, login issues in your Teams app are also caused due to incorrect date & time settings, corrupted app cache, missing admin rights to run the app, enabled proxy, damaged user profile, and corrupted installation files of Teams.
How do I fix error code CAA20003?
To fix Microsoft Teams error CAA20003 on your PC, you can set up the correct date and time on your system. Apart from that, you can disconnect and then reconnect your user account from Windows Settings and see if the error is fixed or not.