If you are looking for good freeware to view, manage and analyze your Windows Event Logs, you may want to check out these two – Event Log Manager & Event Log Explorer.
Event Log Manager software for Windows
1] Netwrix Event Log Manager
It is a free event log consolidation, alerting and archiving tool, that allows you to collect events logs from multiple computers across the network, alert on most critical events, and centrally store all events in a compressed format, enabling convenient analysis archived event log data. The free version supports up to 10 servers. Get it here.
Features and benefits:
- Event Log Archiving
- Event Log Consolidation
- Real-Time Alerting
- Web-based Reporting
- Includes predefined reports for regulatory compliance.
2] Event Log Explorer
It is an effective software solution for viewing, monitoring and analyzing events recorded in Security, System, Application and another log of Microsoft Windows operating systems. Event Log Explorer greatly extends standard Windows Event Viewer monitoring functionality and brings many new features. It is free for personal use. Get it here. The Home license is free.
Main features and benefits:
- Multiple-document or tabbed-document user interface depending on user preferences
- Favorites computers and their logs are grouped into a tree
- Manual and automatic backup of event logs
- Event descriptions and binary data are in the log window
- Advanced filtering by any criteria including event description text
- Quick Filter feature allows you to filter event log in a couple of mouse clicks
- Log loading options to pre-filter event logs
- Fast navigation between events with bookmarks
- Compatibility with well-known event knowledgebases
- Color coding by Event ID
- Print and export to different formats
- Export log to different formats.
Also, check out:
Related reads that are sure to interest system administrators:
- How to view and delete Event Viewer Saved Logs
- How to view Event Logs in Windows in detail with Full Event Log View
- Use Event Viewer to check unauthorized use of Windows computer
- Enhanced Event Viewer for Windows from Technet
- Monitor Windows Event Log Files Checking with SnakeTail Windows tail utility
- Event Log Manager & Event Log Explorer software.