Windows provides a nice tool for viewing event logs of our Windows operating system. This tool called as Event Viewer. However, it does not provide certain features like searching and auto-show up of new events etc. Technet blogger Sateesh has developed an application called Enhanced Event Viewer that enhances this function and makes event log browsing faster and much easier.
Enhanced Event Viewer for Windows
Features provided by this Viewer:
- Easy to navigate among the Logs.
- Easy to filter events.
- Easy to do Search.
- Click away to access it.
- Connect to remote machine’s Event Log.
- Listener to show new event entry automatically.
- Better User Experience and a lot more.
Want to check it out? Head over to Technet Blogs.
TIP: Windows Event Viewer Plus is a portable freeware app that lets you view Event Logs faster than the default in-built Windows Event Viewer and also export the Entry to a text file, select the Web Search Button to look up the entry online, to find out more information or troubleshoot errors.
Related reads that are sure to interest you:
- How to view and delete Event Viewer Saved Logs
- Use Event Viewer to check unauthorized use of Windows computer
- How to create Custom Views in Event Viewer
- How to clear the Event Log
- Event Log Manager Free event log management software
- Monitor Windows Event Log Files Checking with SnakeTail Windows tail utility
- How to view Event Logs in detail with Full Event Log View
- Event Log Manager & Event Log Explorer software.