Are you experiencing long load times for Battlefront 2 on your Windows 11/10 PC? If so, then this post will help you fix the problem right away! There is nothing more annoying than waiting for a game to launch for an extremely long time. Unfortunately, that is exactly what gamers are experiencing with Star Wars Battlefront 2. It can be quite disappointing to get stuck on the loading screen when you’re trying to play this amazing game. In this article, we’ve outlined some solutions to help you in solving this loading problem on your PC.
Fix Battlefront 2 slow or long load times on PC
If you’re also facing such a problem on your Windows PC, follow the below suggestions:
- Check for pending updates
- Update your Graphics driver
- Increase virtual memory
- Troubleshoot in Clean Boot State
Let’s now see them in detail:
1] Check for pending updates
If you encounter problems with a game, one of the first things you should check is the pending updates on your Windows computer. Here are the steps you can use to do so:
- Launch the Windows Settings using the Windows+I keyboard shortcut.
- Select Settings from the user menu list.
- On the left side of the Settings window, click on Windows Updates.
- Click Check for updates in the right pane.
A new update will automatically download and install if one is available. After it finishes, you will be asked to restart your computer to complete the process. Once the system has been restarted, open the game again. If the loading is still slow, go to the next solution.
2] Update your Graphics driver
For this error, a corrupted or faulty graphics driver is likely to be responsible. Hence, the next thing you need to do is to update your graphics drivers and see if that fixes the issue. To update your graphics driver, do the following:
- Right-click on the Start button and open the Settings menu.
- From the left pane, click on the Windows Update.
- Click the Advanced options on the right pane.
- Under Additional options, click on the Optional updates section.
Other than that, you can also update your graphic drivers manually through the Device Manager on your computer.
After you successfully update the graphic driver, restart the game now. In case you are still experiencing the same issue on your computer screen, try the next solution.
3] Increase virtual memory
This problem can also occur when your virtual memory runs low. It can affect the performance of the system and slow downloading of applications. If this happens, try increasing the virtual memory and see if the problem goes away. Here are the steps you can take:
- Click on the Start menu and type System Restore.
- Select Create a restore point from the search result.
- In the System Properties window, go to the Advanced tab.
- Under the Performance section, click on the Settings button.
- On the Performance Options window, go to the Advanced tab.
- Under Virtual memory, click on the Change button.
- On the next page, uncheck the box next to Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
- Then select C drive and check the Custom size box.
- According to how much RAM your PC has, specify the initial size and the maximum size.
- After that, click on the OK button.
3] Troubleshoot in Clean Boot State
If nothing works, you can perform clean boot troubleshooting to determine where the performance problems originate. In this process, only the most essential files and services can be loaded.
- Open the Run dialog box using the Windows+R keyboard shortcut.
- Type MSConfig into the search box and press Enter.
- Click on the Services tab in the System Configuration window.
- Check the Hide all Microsoft services box and then click on the Disable all option.
- To save the changes, click OK and then Apply.
- Then go to the Startup tab and click on the Open Task Manager link.
- You should be on the Startup tab of the Task Manager.
- After selecting each startup service individually, click Disable.
- Start your computer again and see if the problem has been resolved.
- In case the issue has been resolved, then great. Otherwise, go back to the System Configuration window.
- Click on the General tab.
- Check the box next to Load System Services.
- After that, click the Apply > OK button to save your changes.
- Then restart your computer.
If the issue is resolved, you can enable the services one by one. That’s it.
Is Battlefront 2 a well-optimized PC?
It is evident that Battlefront II has been designed for optimal performance; even at 1080p resolution, it runs smoothly on both the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 and the AMD Radeon RX 550, which are at the lower end of the pricing and performance spectrum. The game features a range of graphical settings that can be adjusted for performance, allowing players to tailor their experience to their setup. The game can look stunning on high-end systems, with excellent animation, detailed textures, and dynamic lighting. The game still looks good on mid-range and lower-end machines and runs smoothly at reasonable frame rates.
What graphics card do I need for Battlefront 2?
The minimum recommended graphics card for Battlefront 2 is an AMD Radeon 7950 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660. However, to experience the game’s full graphical glory, you should look for something more powerful. The recommended graphics card for Battlefront 2 is an AMD Radeon RX 480 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060. These cards will provide the best performance and visuals when playing the game. Additionally, it is essential to ensure that your system meets the game’s minimum system requirements, such as the amount of RAM and the version of Windows. Finally, having a fast processor will also help improve the overall.