One of the new features of Windows 8, is downloading of Windows Store applications. Often you might encounter issues where the downloading it stuck half way or when you try to install or update the Windows 8 application, you will stuck somewhere in the middle, and nothing really happens.
For such cases we have already written a few articles that will help you fix the problem:
- Unable to Install Apps from Windows 8 Store
- Error 0x80073cf9 While Installing Apps From Windows Store In Windows 8
- Error Code 0x8024600e When Trying To Install Or Update Windows Store Apps
- Unable to update Windows Store applications on Windows 8
- Random Windows 8 Metro App Crashes & Freezes
- Fix: Windows Store apps crashing in Windows 8, by performing Clean Uninstall using PowerShell
- Windows 8 Apps Troubleshooter
- Repair Windows 8 Apps.
Today I discovered a way to reset the cache for Windows Store. What it does, is that it resets the Windows Store without changing account settings or deleting installed apps.
Clear & Reset Windows Store Cache with WSReset.exe
The process is a lot easy and simple:
- Go to Windows Modern UI screen
- Type in WSReset.exe
- Click on Run as administrator
Windows Store will openand you’ll get a conformation message saying that: The cache for the Store was cleared. You can now browse the Store for apps.
It will the take you back to Windows Store. Now try to install or update the apps or download fresh apps and see if it’s working like it should.
I hope you find this tip helpful.