Mozilla has announced the availability of Firefox 14, a new version of their popular open source browser. The earlier version, Firefox 11 was released a few weeks back – and now Mozilla has released Firefox 14 as a part of its rapid release cycle.
Update 30.08.12: The latest version available is Firefox 15 and the download links remain the same.
Firefox 14 has been released and includes the following features:
- HTTPS for Google searches
- URL auto-complete in Awesome Bar
- Integrates opt-in activation for plugins.
Firefox 12 new features
- In Windows, Firefox is now easier to update with one less prompt of the User Account Control. Firefox 12 simplifies the update process for Windows users by removing the user account control dialog (UAC) pop-up while maintaining the security of your system. Once a user gives explicit permission to Firefox on their first installation, they will not be prompted again for subsequent releases.
- The Page Source now has line numbers
- Firefox also includes more than 85 improvements to built-in developer tools some security and bug fixes.
Incidentally, this link may interest you, if you find that your Mozilla Firefox Freezes or Crashes frequently on Windows computer.
Now, rather than post about every new release of Firefox browser, I guess I will now simply update this post, every time a new version of Firefox is released – every few weeks.