If you are looking for good freeware to view, manage and analyze your Windows Event Logs, you may want to check out Event Log Manager & Event Log Explorer.
Event Log Managers
Event Log Manager is a free event log consolidation, alerting and archiving tool, that allows you to collect events logs from multiple computers across the network, alert on most critical events, and centrally store all events in a compressed format, enabling convenient analysis archived event log data. The free version supports up to 10 servers.
Features and benefits:
- Event Log Archiving
- Event Log Consolidation
- Real-Time Alerting
- Web-based Reporting
- Includes predefined reports for regulatory compliance.
Event Log Explorer is an effective software solution for viewing, monitoring and analyzing events recorded in Security, System, Application and another logs of Microsoft Windows operating systems. Event Log Explorer greatly extends standard Windows Event Viewer monitoring functionality and brings many new features. It is free for personal use.
Main features and benefits:
- Multiple-document or tabbed-document user interface depending on user preferences
- Favorites computers and their logs are grouped into a tree
- Manual and automatic backup of event logs
- Event descriptions and binary data are in the log window
- Advanced filtering by any criteria including event description text
- Quick Filter feature allows you to filter event log in a couple of mouse clicks
- Log loading options to pre-filter event logs
- Fast navigation between events with bookmarks
- Compatibility with well-known event knowledgebases
- Color coding by Event ID
- Print and export to different formats
- Export log to different formats.
Sure to interest system administrators !