Fix It from Microsoft are a great way of fixing your Windows problems quickly in a click. These automated troubleshooters scan your system and then present you with a report displaying possible problems and offer to fix the problems for you. We, at The Windows Club have always been great fans of the Fix It team.
The Fix It team offers them all! From a Fix It for the lazy that tells you whether you are running 32-Bit or 64-Bit Windows to a Fix It for Troubleshooting Search & Indexing Errors, which incidentally was the FIRST MVP Fix It, based on my tutorial – these Fix Its are so easy to use, that even a 5 year old girl can use them to fix Windows issues!
Whether it was the launch of Fix It project, launch of Automated Troubleshooting Services, the launch of Fix it Center Online, or the launch of Fix it Center Pro, we have been the first or among the first to break news about these ATS.
Typically to run these Automated Troubleshooting Solutions, you have to visit the particular page and click on the Run Now button.
But if you want to download them, to run on a different or a disconnected computer, you may download the Portable Fix It Troubleshooters Suite.
Clicking on the download link, given at the end of this post, will download a 229 KB MicrosoftFixit-portable.exe file. Run it and Accept the conditions. You will now be required to enter the path of the folder where you want to download the approximately 40 MB file. Once done, click Save and wait for the download to complete.
When you run the downloaded Portable Fix It Troubleshooters Suite, you will see that it currently packs 26 Troubleshooters.
These include the following, most of which have already been covered here:
- Fix power consumption problems and extend the laptop battery life
- Fix Windows Media Player video, and other media or library issues
- Diagnose and fix sound playback and audio problems automatically
- Fix Internet Explorer add-on problems when IE hangs or freezes
- Fix Internet Explorer issues to make IE fast, safe and stable
- Diagnose and fix Windows Firewall service problems automatically
- Fix security issues to protect and secure Windows automatically
- Troubleshoot MSN client and connection
- Fix broken desktop shortcuts and common system maintenance tasks
- Fix Windows display problems that text on monitor is not readable
- Windows Aero Glass visual effects are not working or displayed
- Diagnose and repair Windows File and Folder Problems automatically
- Fix Windows Live Photo Gallery problems in Windows 7 and Vista
- Fix Windows Desktop Search when it crashes or not showing results
- Fix problems with CD or DVD drives that can’t read or write media
- Playing video files crashes or freezes Internet Explorer – Windows
- Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows
- Fix problems with programs that can’t be installed or un-installed
- FIX: You cannot send emails to Exchange Online users from Outlook
- Fix Windows system performance problems on slow Windows computers
- Diagnose and fix sound recording and audio problems automatically
- Automatically fix Windows security settings to keep your PC safe
- FIX: Zune, Zune HD players or Windows Phone 7 can’t connect to PC
- Diagnose and fix printer and printing problems automatically
- Diagnose and fix Windows USB problems automatically
- Fix the problem with Microsoft Windows Update that is not working.
Microsoft Fix It Download
The Portable Fix It Troubleshooters Suite, like our own FixWin (a 529 KB freeware), will be of great help to those who want to repair and fix Windows problems on a different or a disconnected computer.