Ever since the Automated Troubleshooting Solutions were launched by Microsoft Fix It team, they have become very popular over a period of time. These Automated Troubleshooting Solutions help resolve Windows issues in a click. If your computer is facing power consumption problems and you would like to extend your laptop battery, you may want to try out this ATS.
Power Troubleshooter for Windows 10
This Power Troubleshooter will automatically troubleshoot Windows power plans and detects your system settings that can affect power usages, such as timeout and sleep settings, display settings, and screensavers, and restore them to their default settings.
You have the option to let it scan and fix issues automatically, or you can choose and select which settings you want to be fixed. Once you select and option, the Power Troubleshooter will start the scan and present you with its findings.
Once you click Next, it will fix the issues and present you with a report.
This Power Troubleshooter fixes the following:
- Wireless adaptor is not optimized for power saving
- Screen saver is used instead of setting the computer to enter sleep mode
- Period of time before the computer goes to sleep is set too long
- Minimum processor state is set too high
- Display brightness is set too high
- Power plan is not set to the most efficient power plan.
You can download it from Microsoft.
Windows 10/8.1 has this tool built-in. In Windows 10, open Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Power.
You can also Troubleshoot Power Plans in Windows with PowerCFG Tool.