For many, changing and displaying new wallpapers on their Windows desktop is a passion. Well, here is a freeware, WallpaperWebPage, that loads a webpage as a Windows desktop background or wallpaper.
The application serves as a replacement for Active Desktop for Windows 7. The web page when loaded as wallpaper stays behind all other open windows and the task bar but still remains interactive. This means a user is free to browse for the links in webpage in the same manner as he does in a Web browser and can even access desktop icons and personalization settings by clicking on ‘Show desktop’ button of the Windows desktop. Besides this, the program comes with an auto-start toggle function and a URL configuration field wherein you can enter the desired address.
How to use WallpaperWebPage?
- Download the program zip file by clicking on the link provided at the end of the article
- Extract the contents of the file to a preferred folder
- Run the Setup file and allow the program to get installed on your computer
- In the URL configuration field, enter the address to be loaded
- Click on ‘OK’, the desired webpage automatically gets loaded as desktop background, keeping itself behind all other windows and taskbar.
Now that you have loaded the desired webpage as a wallpaper, you will be able to click on the links, scroll, browse and navigate elsewhere from it, without opening your brower. Looked like a pretty interesting freeware, hence thought of sharing here.
WallpaperWebPage worksl on both, 32 bit and 64 bit editions of Windows 7. It requires .NET Framework 4.0.
Download WallpaperWebPage from here.