After learning about the Windows Settings and features, today we are today going to discuss changing and setting the desktop wallpaper on your Windows 11/10 PC and the options available. You will learn how to Center, Fill, Fit, Stretch, Tile, Span wallpapers in Windows 11/10.
It’s really easy and straightforward to change the background image of your Windows desktop. You can set any of your personal pictures, an image from Windows, or a solid color as your desktop wallpaper. You can also display a slideshow of pictures as your Windows wallpaper.
Center, Fill, Fit, Stretch, Tile, Span – Wallpaper
In Windows 11, open Settings > Personalization > Background.
Under Choose a fit for your desktop image, you will be able to see the six options.
In Windows 10, you need to open the Personalization Settings to change Theme, Lock Screen & Wallpaper on your Windows desktop. Open Settings > Personalization > Background, and you will see the setting there.
Now, you can select a picture you want for your wallpaper. You can also use the Browse button and select a picture saved on your PC.
Once you are done with the selection, scroll down and check the drop-down menu of Choose a Fit. You will get options like Fill, Fit, Stretch, Tile, Center, and Span.
- Choosing a Center fit centers your wallpaper on the screen. Smaller images will set with a border on your screen whereas the larger images will display only the center part of the image leaving the rest out of view.
- Choosing a Fill fit will enlarge or shrink the image according to your screen’s width to get a proper fit. The resizing is done with proper related perspective and the smaller images are often stretched in this wallpaper setting. If you select Fit, the wallpaper image will be enlarged or shrunk height-wise. Though everything stays in perspective, large images are ripped off from sides and smaller images are displayed with small borders.
- Choosing the Stretch fit will edit the wallpaper with no perspectives. This setting will stretch the image and fit it on your PC screen but may distort it.
- Tile setting for wallpaper is meant for the tiny images. This setting sets the multiple tiles of the image on your monitor and suits best to the small texture images.
- Span option will edit the wallpaper from end to end covering your entire screen.
You can set your wallpaper to change after a set time interval. Select the option of Slideshow instead of an image and set the timer from the drop-down menu of ‘Change picture every’.
Setting a wallpaper is an integral part of personalizing your Windows experience. Set your favorite image as your wallpaper as it may perk up your mood as soon as you turn your computer ON.
How to reset Windows 11 theme to default?
To reset Windows 11 theme to default using CMD, open an elevated command prompt, copy-paste the following and hit Enter:
rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL %SystemRoot%\system32\desk.cpl desk,@Themes /Action:OpenTheme /file:"C:\Windows\Resources\Themes\aero.theme"
What is the default Windows 11 theme?
The default theme for Windows 11 is the aero. theme file in the C:\Windows\Resources\Themes folder.