Microsoft ATS has released a Fix it that will automatically diagnose any problems that you may be facing while installing or uninstalling programs or software in Windows 7.
Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter
Use this Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter, if you find that you are unable to uninstall a program via your Control Panel.
Once you download and run it, it will ask you if you would like it to only detect the problem and let you select what to fix, or if you would like it to detect and fix the issues directly.
Next it will ask you if you are facing problems while installing the program or uninstalling the programs.
Finallyit will check the registry and the system for any problems and then present you withoption or fix them directly as the case may be.
This Program Install and Uninstall Troubleshooter will:
- Removes bad registry key on 64 bit operating systems.
- Windows registry keys that control the upgrade (patching) data that become corrupted.
- Resolves problems that prevent new programs from being installed.
- Resolves problems that prevent programs from being completely uninstalled and blocking new installations and updates.
You may be aware that the Windows Installer Cleanup utility (MSICUU2.exe) has been retired. While the Windows Installer Cleanup utility resolved some installation problems, it sometimes damaged other components installed on the computer. Because of this, the tool has been removed from the Microsoft Download Center.
The Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter is a replacement for Windows Installer Cleanup utility !
Use this troubleshooter for an uninstall only if the program fails to uninstall using the windows control panel or add/remove programs feature.
You can get the troubleshooter from its download page.
If this troubleshooter does not solve your problems, you may see some additional troubleshooting steps mentioned in KB2438651.
If for some reason you are unable to uninstall programs in Windows 10/8/7, you may find the following links helpful:
- How to uninstall programs in Safe Mode
- Uninstall programs using Registry
- Free Uninstallers for Windows.