Microsoft offers a Sensors Troubleshooter that will help you automatically fix issues relating to Location, Motion and other Sensors on your Windows 10 PC. If you are facing Screen Rotation and other related problems on your Windows 10 or Surface device, you can make use of this Windows 10 Troubleshooter.
Windows Sensors Troubleshooter
To fix Sensor, Motion & Location problems in Windows 10:
- Download the Sensor Troubleshooter from Microsoft
- Double-click the downloaded SensorDiagnosticTablet.diagcab file to open it
- Click Next to run the Troubleshooter
- Follow the on-screen instructions until the end.
While running the Sensors Troubleshooter, you can opt to run it as an administrator as well as Apply the repairs automatically. If you uncheck this checkbox, the tool will inform you of the problems found.
Select them and click on Next to fix the problems automatically.
If you click on the View detailed information link, you will get to see some additional information about the scans and tests which it has carried out.
The Troubleshooter will check if:
- Sensor Monitoring Services is started
- Windows Location is turned on
- Sensors are disabled by Group Policy.
You can download the Sensors Troubleshooter from Microsoft by clicking here.
Related read: Screen Auto-Rotation not working or grayed out in Windows 10.