Some users of Windows 8/10 have complained of facing various issues with apps. Either some apps fail to install or run or update or simply crash. All these versions of Windows are pre-release, yet millions of people are using these versions of Windows daily. Microsoft has improved the Windows Store and apps experience with each version. If your apps are not working properly, you can also reset the Windows Store apps with the click of a button.
Windows App Can’t Open
If when you try to run any Windows App, you find that it will not work properly – maybe you get an error message App Can’t Open – you may want to run the Windows App Troubleshooter.
Windows Apps Troubleshooter
Nevertheless, to address many of the known apps issues which may be preventing them from running properly on Windows 8/10, Microsoft has developed a Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter.
When this App troubleshooter is run, it automatically fixes some of the basic issues that might be preventing your apps from running – such as lower screen resolution, incorrect security or account settings, etc.
It will provide you with the Troubleshooting Report.
There will be cases where even after running this troubleshooter, it may not resolve some unknown issues.
Read: Windows Store error codes, descriptions, resolution.
Troubleshoot Windows Apps problems
Here are some points which can also be looked into for app issues, based on users experiences.
After running the Troubleshooter, restart your system and then check.
According to Windows 8 Release Preview System Requirements, to access the Windows Store and download and run apps, you need an active Internet connection and a screen resolution of at least 1024 x 768. So please check the resolution.
To snap apps, you need a screen resolution of at least 1366 x 768. But not to worry about this Snap app feature – if your monitor doesn’t support this resolution. It doesn’t affect running or installing the app.
Change your Account to Local and then back to Live account from the Control Panel.
Check whether Windows is up to date with the latest updates. Also, try to Sync App licenses. For this Open the Store App, Open Charms (WinKey+C), Select Settings > App Updates then under App Licenses, click Sync Licenses.
You can download Windows App Troubleshooter from here. It’s a troubleshooting Pack Cabinet file.
There is another Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter for Windows 10 from Microsoft.
If you need more help, this list of Windows Store error codes may help you troubleshoot your issue.
We have already written a few articles that will help you troubleshoot Windows Store app problems:
- Unable to Install Apps from Windows Store
- Your Trial Period For This App Has Expired
- Error 0x80073cf9 While Installing Apps From Windows Store
- Error Code 0x8024600e When Trying To Install Or Update Windows Store Apps
- Unable to update Windows Store applications
- Random Windows App Crashes & Freezes
- Fix Windows Store apps crashing by performing Clean Uninstall using PowerShell
- Reset Windows Store Cache in Windows
- Something bad happened, Unknown layout specified in manifest
- Windows apps not working? – Repair Windows Apps
- Windows tiles are not working
- How to re-register Windows Store Apps
- Windows Live Tiles Not Working or are Blank
- Windows Store not opening.