Like Windows 10 consumer edition, Microsoft also offers Insider Preview Builds for Windows Server Long-Term Servicing Channel (LTSC), which offers both the Desktop Experience and Server Core installation options for Datacenter and Standard editions. This allows software developer, enterprise to test them and how it works in an Enterprise before rolling out on a broader level.
Windows Server Insider Preview Builds
The first thing an IT admin needs to do is register as Windows Insiders for Business. If you have already done so, you can directly download it from the Windows Server Insider Preview download page on Microsoft.com. If you have not yet registered for the Windows Insider Programs for Business and Server program, you need to do that first.
What is available for Insiders?
- Windows Server Long-Term Servicing Channel Preview is available in ISO format in 18 languages.
- VHDX format in English only.
- Keys to activate Windows Insiders
- Server Standard: MFY9F-XBN2F-TYFMP-CCV49-RMYVH
- Datacenter: 2KNJJ-33Y9H-2GXGX-KMQWH-G6H67
- Windows Server Language Pack/Core App Compatibility FoD Preview
Microsoft shares that the build can be tested without using the keys, but keys are valid for preview builds only, and they are disabled after the activation. This current Windows Server Preview will expire on October 31, 2021.
That said, here are some known issues with the current preview versions:
- Shutdown Event Tracker is displayed every time a user logs on. This happened even if the user is a member of the Administrators group and the user has closed the tracker window properly.
- Auto Logon does not work correctly in some scenarios.
The Windows Server team also recommends that it is essential to let the OS collect data and provide feedback that will help improve the product during the preview. Administrators can change all these settings if they plan to test something where the need for data collection is not fesable.
You can download Windows Server Insider Preview Builds here at Microsoft.com.
- How to join or leave Windows Insider Program
- How to join OneDrive Insider Preview Program
- How to enroll for Office Insider Fast Level Program
- How to join Microsoft’s Early App Preview Program
- How to join Xbox Insider Program
- How to join Skype Insiders Program
- How to join Microsoft Edge Insider Program
- Windows Insider Program for IT Professionals and Businesses.