Microsoft has an Insider Preview Program available for a lot of its applications. You have one for Windows which is baked into the system, then you have for Microsoft Office, Edge as well. In today’s post, we will share how to join OneDrive Insider Preview Program.
Once you join the Insider program, you will get early access to features, and updates that will not be available to everyone. It also means that you are practically testing OneDrive for any sort of bugs. That said, here is a big catch that not many know about— If your computer is part of Windows Insider Preview, then OneDrive is already getting pre-release updates.
However, since many of us are not interested in Windows Insider, you will have to join the OneDrive Insider Preview program manually.
OneDrive Insider Preview Program
To join the preview program of OneDrive on Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Right-click on the OneDrive cloud icon, and select Settings from the menu.
- Switch to the About tab
- Under the “About Microsoft OneDrive” section, check the box which says Get OneDrive Insider preview updates before release.
- Click the OK button.
Having done this, the next time OneDrive looks for an update, it will download preview version.
How to Rollback from OneDrive Insider Preview Program
While it is easy to move to the Insider program, to roll back to the standard version again, you have to follow a different procedure:
- Follow the settings to About page again, and uncheck the Insider Preview updates checkbox.
- Next, uninstall the OneDrive software.
- Reboot the computer, and redownload the regular version and install it.
- When configuring the regular version, point it to the same folder. Make sure to use the same account as before.
You don’t have to download all the files again. Microsoft has made it a lot easier to enroll for OneDrive Insider program, especially when you are testing the Windows Insider.