On your Windows 10 or Windows 11 PC, you can turn on sending additional diagnostic and performance data to Microsoft to help make Narrator better when you press Narrator+Alt+F to give feedback about Narrator. In this post, we will show you how to Stop sharing Diagnostic Data about Narrator usage in Windows PC.
Should I enable diagnostic data Windows 11/10?
Windows Diagnostic Data helps Microsoft better understand how customers use (or do not use) the operating system’s features and related services. The diagnostic data collected will help to improve end-user productivity and experience as well.
Does Windows 11/10 have a Diagnostic tool?
Windows 10/11 ships with the System Diagnostic Report tool, which is a part of Performance Monitor. PC users can use the tool to display the status of hardware resources, system response times, and processes on your computer, along with system information and configuration data.
Turn On or Off Diagnostic Data about Narrator usage in Windows 11/10
We can Turn On or Off Diagnostic Data about Narrator usage in Windows 10/11 in either of two quick and easy ways. We’ll explore this topic under the methods outlined below in this section:
- Via Settings app
- Via Registry Editor
Let’s take a look at the description of the step-by-step process in relation to each of the methods.
Stop sharing Diagnostic Data about Narrator usage
1 Via Settings app
To turn on or off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator on your Windows PC via Settings app, do the following:
- Press the Windows key + I to open Settings.
- From the Settings menu, click Ease of Access.
- Click Narrator on the left pane.
Alternatively, you can press the Win+Ctrl+N keyboard shortcut to directly open to Narrator settings.
- In the Narrator window, on the right pane, scroll down to Manage your data and services section, under Help make Narrator better, toggle the button to turn On or Off (default) per requirement.
- If Narrator is currently on, turn Narrator off and on to apply.
- Exit Settings app.
2] Via Registry Editor
To turn On or Off Send Diagnostic Data about Narrator on your Windows PC via Registry Editor, do the following:
Since this is a registry operation, it is recommended that you back up the registry or create a system restore point as necessary precautionary measures. Once done, you can proceed as follows:
- Press Windows key + R to invoke the Run dialog.
- In the Run dialog box, type regedit and hit Enter to open Registry Editor.
- Navigate or jump to the registry key path below:
- At the location, on the right pane, double-click the DetailedFeedback entry to edit its properties.
If the key is not present, right-click on the blank space on the right pane and then select New > DWORD (32-bit) Value to create the registry key and then rename the key as DetailedFeedback and hit Enter.
- Double-click on the new entry to edit its properties.
- Type 1 (On) or 0 (Off) in the Value data field.
- Click OK or hit Enter to save the change.
- Exit Registry Editor.
- Restart PC.