The TouchPad comes on all laptops. It is a pointing device that helps the user to use their pointer just like they did with a mouse. It is embedded directly in the body of the laptop. However, it becomes painful to use the computer when this TouchPad stops working. This can be caused by many factors like a hardware fault, driver issues and more. This issue can arise at different points in time. It can occur after installation of an operating system or during driver update, after waking up from sleep or at any other random moments.
TouchPad gesture not working on Windows 10
You can try our following suggestions in order to fix the TouchPad gesture not working issue on Windows 10:
- Update, Rollback or reinstall drivers.
- Enable TouchPad from the configuration utility.
- Enable TouchPad from the hardware key.
- Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.
- Other fixes.
1] Update, Rollback or reinstall the Touchpad driver
The basic fix that you can apply is to fix the respective drivers. There can be instances where the installed driver might have becomes incompatible with the operating system or corrupt. If you have just updated your driver, the new version might not be stable enough for your machine.
From the WinX Menu, open Device Manager and expand Mice and other pointing devices. Here you should be able to see your Touchpad driver.
- You can try to update the driver. In case, the installed driver is no longer compatible, this method will apply the fix.
- You will have rollback the installed driver in case this problem arises after the existing driver has been updated.
- You can uninstall and then reinstall the latest version of the driver from your manufacturer’s website.
2] Enable TouchPad from the configuration utility
If the Touchpad driver on your computer installed a TouchPad configuration utility, there may be chances that its configuration might have got modified. You can open that utility and have the Touchpad settings reset to default in order to normally get the TouchPad working.
3] Enable TouchPad from the hardware key
If your computer comes with a dedicated hardware key, it may have got pressed accidentally and disabled the TouchPad. You can look for that key as it is denoted by an icon of a TouchPad and press it again to enable the TouchPad. This method is applicable to selected laptops only.
4] Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
You can fix Windows Hardware and Devices problems with the Hardware Troubleshooter, This will automatically detect and fix any issues caused by hardware or peripherals attached to your computer.
5] Other fixes
There are some minor fixes that sometimes help in fixing the issue which a user encounters on their computer. Some of them are as follows:
- There are chances that your hardware is physically damaged. You can visit the qualified technician to have it fixed.
- There might be some moisture or dirt settlements on the hardware. You can try to clean it with a rough cotton swab and then try using it.
- If you want to get some work done at the earliest, you can try to connect a USB Mouse to your computer and use it until you get the TouchPad fixed.
- This post will help you if your Laptop touchpad is not working.
I hope this guide helped you get your TouchPad working.
- Tags: Touch