In this post, we will describe how you can quickly and easily set up and use the Surface Pro X Signature Keyboard with your Surface Slim Pen. The Surface Pro X Signature Keyboard is designed for Surface Pro X to store and charge your Slim Pen. It features a large glass trackpad and Alcantara material.
Set up & use Surface Pro X Signature Keyboard
This keyboard is only compatible with Surface Pro X. The numbers in the image above are, have been listed below.
1 – Storage tray
2 – Surface Slim Pen
3 – Keyboard
4 – Touchpad.
Microsoft has provided a short video on attaching your accessories to the keyboard.
Set up your keyboard
You can use your keyboard to charge and wake up your pen. Here’s how:
- Attach the top of your keyboard to the bottom of your Surface Pro X.
- Place your pen in the storage tray. Wait for a moment or allow the pen to fully charge. When you’re ready, remove the pen to start writing on your Surface.
When the LED light on your Slim Pen turns amber, place it in the storage tray to charge it. See the table below for more info about the LED light.
Connect your Slim Pen to a Surface
There are two ways to automatically connect your Slim Pen to a Surface Pro X.
- Place your pen in the storage tray of a Surface Pro X Signature Keyboard, then remove it.
- You can also use Swift Connect to connect your Slim Pen automatically.
To do this, write on the screen with your pen. A setup experience will appear and help you customize your pen.
You can also pair your device using Bluetooth.
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Add Bluetooth or other device > Bluetooth.
- Press and hold the top button of your pen for 5-7 seconds until the LED light flashes white to turn on Bluetooth pairing mode.
- Select Surface Slim Pen to pair your pen.
You can watch this video, here on Microsoft.
Use the top button of the Slim Pen
- Press the top button of your Slim Pen to launch Microsoft Whiteboard.
- To customize the top button shortcuts or change pen settings, do the following:
- Select Start > Settings > Devices > Pen & Windows Ink.
I hope you find this guide helpful enough!