If your system is running slow, the most probable cause will be high CPU usage. In this case, you can open the Task Manager to check which task is causing the problem. If the high CPU usage is caused by DCOM server process launcher, then please read through this article for the causes and resolutions.
Service Host: DCOM server process launcher high CPU, Memory usage on Windows 11/10
It has been well acknowledged that Live tiles are the main cause of this problem. Some users claim that simply disabling the live tiles resolved the problem. A part of the problem can be mitigated by shifting the system to the Best performance mode. If you encounter DCOM server process launcher high CPU usage on your system, then try the following suggestions to resolve the issue on your Windows 11/10 computer:
- Set PC to work at Best performance
- Reboot your system in the Clean Boot state
- Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool
- Remove external devices.
1] Set PC to work at Best performance
Usually, the PC is set to choose which elements to invoke for a perfect balance between appearance and performance. However, since Live tiles and other elements are known to cause the problem in the discussion, you can solve it by setting the system to work in the Best performance mode. The procedure to do the same is as follows:
- Search for the word “performance” in the Windows Search bar.
- Click on Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
- Performance options box will open.
- Select the radio button at Adjust for best performance.
This step should resolve the problem for most users.
2] Troubleshoot your system in the Clean Boot state
The problem can be caused by third-party software products triggering the problematic service and thus causing high CPU usage. Thus, the first approach should be to troubleshoot your system in the Clean Boot state. In this state, no third-party software will launch at startup and thus you would be able to isolate the cause.
- Press Win+R to open the Run window.
- In the Run window, type the command msconfig and hit Enter to open the System Configuration window.
- Go to the Service tab.
- Check the box associated with Hide all Microsoft Services.
- If any other service is checked, please click on Disable all.
- Click on Apply and then on OK to save the settings.
- Then select Restart to reboot the system in the Clean Boot state.
In the Clean Boot state, all third-party software products are deactivated. Now check if the issue persists or is resolved. If the issue is resolved, then the culprit is a third-party software. This software can be figured out by hit and trail.
3] Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool
The Windows Memory Diagnostic tool checks for errors with the RAM of the system and fixes them if possible. To run the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool, the procedure is as follows:
- Press Win+R and open the Run window.
- In the Run window, type the command mdsched and hit Enter to open the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool.
- Click on Restart now and check for problems.
Once the test is completed, Windows will restart automatically. If the tool detects errors, you should contact your computer manufacturer for information about fixing them since memory errors usually indicate a problem with the memory chips in your computer or other hardware problem.
4] Remove external devices
External devices attached to your system can also trigger the problem in the discussion. Thus, it is advisable to remove external devices attached to the system, especially phones, tablets, etc. Also, try removing peripherals that have the ability to push software into your system.
What is Service Host DCOM server process launcher?
Service Host DCOM Server Process Launcher is a program included in almost all the versions of Windows that helps client computers to request objects from the server program. It works in the background when your computer is connected to a network or an organization. Whether you use Windows 11, Windows 10, or any other version, this launcher is there for you.
Is it safe to disable DCOM Server Process Launcher?
No, it is not recommended to disable DCOM Server Process Launcher. No matter if you use Windows 11 or Windows 10, you should not turn it DCOM Server Process Launcher. Doing so, you will block several system functionalities that may be required to run the system smoothly. However, at times, you might need to restart it in order to fix some issues.