If your Windows Settings app is not working properly, then you have one very effective way of resolving this issue. Microsoft allows you to reset the Settings app, but it is not easily accessible. In this post, we will show you how you can reset Settings to its default so that it works properly.
How to Reset the Windows 11 Settings app
Do the following to Reset the Settings app in Windows 11:
- Open the Start menu and search for Settings
- Either right-click on the Settings result or select App settings from the right side of the Start Menu
- In the Settings window that opens, click on Repair or Reset button.
If the app isn’t working as desired, Microsoft will try to reset it. In the process, however, all the app’s data will be deleted.
How to Reset the Windows 10 Settings app
To reset the Windows 10 Settings app to default, follow these steps:
- Open the Start Menu
- Right-click on the Settings icon
- Select More
- Next click on App settings
- In the window that opens, click on the Reset button.
The process will commence.
When you press the Reset button, it will permanently delete the app’s data on this device, including your preferences and sign-in details.
Hope this tip helps you fix your Settings app.
What are App Settings?
Application settings or Apps settings in Windows offer an easy way to configure app permission options like allowing access to camera, location, or microphone. It also provides an alternative way to uninstall apps.
How do I get to my App Settings?
Open the Start menu and locate the App’s icon. Right-click on it and select App settings. The Windows Settings app will open directed to the selected App’s settings page.