You may run into a situation, where normal system sound may work fine, but you may be unable to hear the sounds from any Windows Store or UWP apps, including XBOX Music or Video applications.
No Sound in Microsoft Store apps
- HTML (HTML5)
- CSS (CSS3)
So if you find that sound is disabled in webpages which are HTML based, CSS based, or Java-script based, none of the Windows Store applications that are ported from the web-based applications will have sound. To fix this we need to check and make sure “Play sound in Webpage” is enabled in the Internet Explorer.
Enable sound in Internet Options
To enable sound in Internet Options follow these instructions:
- Search for and open Internet Options
- Under Internet Options click on Advanced Tab
- Under Settings section scroll down and find Multimedia section
- There, make sure you enable all the checkboxes except “Show image downloaded placeholders”
- Click on Apply and click OK
Now you may need to reboot the system.
Now, most of the Windows Store applications should be working fine.
Remember this method works only if you have sound on other applications BUT not on Windows Store applications.
If there is no sound at all then it might be a driver related problem. You could in such cases try running the built-in Sound Troubleshooter.
I hope you find this solution helpful.