In this post, we discuss what you can do if Miracast is not supported by the Graphics driver on your Windows 11 computer. Miracast technology is an easy, quick, and secure way to wirelessly mirror your PC screen to another TV or projector. It can be described as HDMI over WiFi, replacing the cable from the device to the display and making it work on a wireless network. However, many users have reported that the graphics driver of their Windows 11 does not support the Miracast technology. So, if you are also struggling with the same problem, try the solutions below to get rid of the issue.
Miracast not supported by Graphics driver in Windows 11
Below are the solutions to try if Miracast not supported by Graphics driver in Windows 11/10.
- Make sure the system supports Miracast
- Verify Driver Model
- Download the latest Graphics Driver update
- Rollback drive update
Now, let’s look at all these solutions in detail.
1] Make sure the system supports Miracast
There are plenty of PCs that still doesn’t support Miracast technology. If you also have one of those systems, you are most likely to deal with the problem in the question. You can check whether your system supports Miracast technology or not by following the below steps.
- To begin with, open the Run dialogue box by pressing Windows + R shortcut key.
- In the search box, type dxdiag and press the enter key.
- The DirectX Diagnostic Tool will pop up.
- Click on Save All information present at the bottom of the window.
- Open the saved file.
- Locate Miracast in the fine.
- Check if it says supported or not.
If it says not supported, it’s no surprise that the installed graphics card does not support the Miracast technology. But if this isn’t the case, i.e., if it says, “Supported,” then there can be any other reason behind the issue. Continue with this troubleshooting guide to fix it.
2] Verify Driver Model
The problem will occur if your system doesn’t match the minimum requirement of the driver model. If this is the case, you will have to update the graphics driver, about which we will talk in the next solution. You can check whether the installed driver model is compatible with Miracast technology or not by following the below steps.
- To begin with, open the DxDiag file you saved in solution 1.
- Check for the Driver Model option, present under Display Devices.
- If your Driver Model shows a number below 1.3, you will have to update the installed driver to solve the issue.
3] Download the latest Graphics Driver update
One of the primary reasons why the graphics driver in Windows 11 does not support Miracast is the outdated driver. Each driver update comes with bug fixes and compatibility changes. So, download the latest graphics driver update and check if it makes any difference. Here’s how it’s done.
- You can download the graphics driver update by visiting the manufacturer’s official website.
- Check for available graphics driver updates by using Windows update.
- You can even try a free driver updating software tool.
- If your system already features an INF driver, follow the below steps-
- Open Device Manager.
- Tap on the Display Adaptors to expand the menu.
- Right-click on the installed driver and choose Update Driver.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
Once you have downloaded the latest graphics driver update, restart your system and check if the problem is fixed or not.
4] Rollback drive update
It can also be the case that the latest graphics driver update isn’t compatible with the Miracast technology. The possibility of this happening is very low; still, it can occur for some users. In this case, you will have to roll back the driver update. You can do so by following the below steps.
- Right-click on the Windows icon present in the Taskbar.
- Choose Device Manager from the contact menu.
- Double-tap on Display adaptors to expand the option.
- Right-click on the installed driver and choose the Properties option.
- Switch to the Driver tab.
- Click on Roll Back Driver.
- This will uninstall the most recently updated driver and roll back your configuration to the earlier version.
- Click on OK to save the settings.
Restart your system and check if the problem is fixed or not.
How do I fix Miracast not supported by WiFi driver?
If you have an outdated WiFi driver installed on your system, the problem will occur. You can check whether you need to update the WiFi driver by following these steps: open PowerShell on your Windows PC, type
Get-netadapter|select Name, ndisversion and press the Enter key. If the WiFi value is less than 6.30, you will have to update the driver.
Does my PC support Miracast?
You can check whether your PC supports Miracast technology or not by following these steps. Open the Run dialogue box and type dxdiag. Click on save all information, and open the saved file. Locate Miracast in the list and check if it says supported. If it does, then your PC supports Miracast technology.