It is amazing to sit back and watch online TV shows and movies on your mobile or big TV screens at the comfort of your time and space; only if it comes without any interruption. Streaming issues are inevitable even on popular OTT streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu. But, if you can handle technical glitches like bugs and errors, things tend to fall in place. Like all OTT media platforms, Hulu promises guaranteed entertainment, and it is so much fun until you come across unforeseen error codes like PLAUNK65.
Unlike other platforms, Hulu users need to put in extra effort to resolve Hulu errors; this is because of a lack of information and response from the platform itself. But you need not worry we will discuss some troubleshooting steps to help you fix the Hulu error code PLAUNK65.
Hulu error code PLAUNK65 explained
Several Hulu users complain about getting Hulu error code PLAUNK65. This error pops up with a completely blue screen, and in all probabilities, it is associated with network issues. PLAUNK65 is also accompanied by an error message that says:
We encountered an error playing this video.
This message is most seen on streaming devices like Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Fire Stick, gaming consoles like Xbox and PlayStation, and smart televisions from Vizio, LG, and others.
What causes Hulu error code PLAUNK65?
Below are the possible reasons that can trigger the Hulu error code PLAUNK65:
- Connectivity troubles
- Corrupted data in the cache
- Outdated streaming device
In most cases, the network and connection problem restricts the Hulu website page or app to load properly.
Fix Hulu Error Code PLAUNK65
Below are a couple of solutions that you can apply to quickly resolve this error:
- Check your Internet connection
- Clear cache
- Update your streaming device
- Update Hulu application
- Uninstall or disable the Ad-blocker
Let us look at these solutions in more detail.
1] Check your Internet connection
The first and foremost thing you will need to check is the speed of your Internet connection. To stream Hulu content and avoid common bugs and errors, it is very important to be connected to a strong network, here are a couple of things you should do:
- Run a speed test: Hulu recommends a stable internet speed of 3 Mbps for regular streaming and 8 Mbps for streaming live TV. So, run a quick speed test to check if the same matches. Sometimes, too many devices connected to a network increases the load on the network leading to lag times on Hulu. You can disconnect other unused devices to ensure stable speed for your internet network. Another thing, the place of your router plays a role in good and bad speed. Try moving closer to the router with your streaming device and see if the speed improves.
- Power Cycle your devices: unplug your streaming device and your router/modem completely, wait for a min and plug back. Now check if the error is gone, if you see the error persists then try switching to a wired connection and see if it helps.
- Check DNS settings: Few routers have a default feature that allows the users to prioritize the traffic coming from a specific device. You can use this feature and set the device you are using to stream Hulu on priority by altering the DNS settings on your router.
2] Clear cache
Sometimes, corrupted cookies or cache stored on the device/browser could be triggering this error. Hence, clearing memory and cache makes the device perform much smoother. In many cases, clearing cache and cookies stored on the device does the trick of getting back Hulu into the streaming mode.
3] Update your streaming device
If your streaming device is outdated and missing important updates, then the firmware of the device gets weaker. This paves the way for errors and bugs to easily hinder your streaming experience. It is advised that you update the device you are running Hulu on. If the error is present even after you update your streaming device, go to the next solution.
4] Update Hulu application
If your device is up to date, you could possibly be running an older version of the Hulu app. You can go to your respective app store, and search for Hulu to check if a newer version is available.
5] Uninstall or disable the Ad-blocker
Ad blockers are another big reason why you may not be able to seamlessly stream content on your Hulu App. If you have installed an ad blocker, uninstall the same or try to disable it and check if the issue persists.
Also, sometimes this error can be caused due to disturbed Hulu service. Once you have checked everything at your end and still the error is not resolved, report the matter to Hulu customer support. You can quickly check Hulu’s official social media channels; the platform is no stranger to sudden service breakdowns; but again, they ensure the issue is quickly fixed.
TIP: This post will show you how to fix Hulu Errors 3, 5, 16, 400, 500, 50003.
We hope at least one of the solutions mentioned here did help you resolve this error. If you have any more queries regarding this error, please do drop us a comment in the comment section below, we will be happy to get back.