Subscription-based video streaming services have gained immense popularity. Today, many OTT platforms are offering great quality content for the users, among all one of the most popular ones is Hulu. Having plenty of entertainment choices at your fingertips and streaming your favorite TV program or any movies on Hulu is a great experience – But hiccups do occur. There are more than a dozen Hulu errors that may come in the way of your entertainment and there can be a variety of reasons causing them. In this guide, we have put together a list of all common Hulu error codes and their quick solutions.
Common Hulu errors and their solutions
Hulu errors are not very clear when it comes to explaining the exact issue. Few error codes indicate an issue with the device, few are caused by poor internet network, and some pop up because of hardware issues. Sometimes, users receive an error due to Hulu service disruptions; but the message is not clear.
Now, without any further ado, let us get straight into the common Hulu errors and their fixes:
- Hulu Error 3 and 5
- Hulu Error Code 400
- Hulu Error Code 16
- Hulu Error 5003
- Hulu 500 Error
Read further to know these errors in detail.
1] Hulu Error 3 and 5
The error code 3 and 5 on Hulu are triggered when there is an issue in the internet connection while streaming a video. There can be different messages accompanied by this error code:
- Error playing this video
- Please check your internet connection and try again.
- Sorry, we encountered an error playing this video. Please try restarting the video or select something else to watch.
- We’re having trouble loading this right now
- An unexpected problem (but not server timeout or HTTP error) has been detected.
- Please check your internet connection and try again. Error Code: -5: malformed data.
- If this problem persists, try restarting your device.
The potential fix for both these error codes very straightforward. First thing, you should verify your internet connection. If that is working at its optimum you can restart your device, unplug your modem and router for a minute, reinstall the Hulu app, or try updating your streaming device.
Read: How to Fix Hulu error 301.
2] Hulu Error Code 400
Error code 400 on Hulu appears when there is an issue with your account. Any discrepancies in the account information prevent the application or streaming device from connecting with the Hulu servers. Hulu error code 400 displays the below messages:
- We’re having trouble loading this right now. Check your internet connection and try again.
- Error code: 400
There are very simple solutions for this error, first, check your internet connection as the error message says; reinstall the Hulu app, remove the device from the account and add it back again. You can remove the account from the Hulu app by logging into hulu.com > Account > Manage devices.
Once the device is removed from your Hulu account, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the app on the device too. In most cases, this will fix error code 400.
3] Hulu Error Code 16
Error 16 arises due to an invalid region; basically, it means that Hulu is not available in your current location. This error displays messages like this:
- We’re sorry, currently, our video library can only be streamed within the United States. For more information on Hulu’s international availability, click here.
- If you’re inside the United States and believe you’ve received this message in error, please click here.
If you are in an area where Hulu is available and you are using a VPN or proxy, then you should turn off the VPN or proxy. This will fix the error.
4] Hulu Error 5003
This error is a playback error and indicates an issue with the streaming device or app. This error usually displays the below messages:
- Playback failure
- We’re sorry, but there was an issue while playing this video.
- Please check your connection and try again. (5003)
You can try to delete and reinstall the Hulu app, restart your device, restart your router, and make sure the application is up to date. In some cases, factory resetting the streaming device also works. If none of these works, you will need to report the problem to Hulu.
5] Hulu 500 Error
Server problem causes Hulu error code 500, you will see error messages like:
- There was an error on this page (500 error)
- Sorry – We’ve encountered an unexpected error. We’ve been notified about this issue, and we’ll take a look at it shortly.
When you get this error, there is nothing more that can be done than wait for the servers to be up and running and again. You can try refreshing your web browser page and try opening Hulu on a different browser.
All streaming platforms produce an unusual amount of errors, regardless, they gather all our attention due to its amazing assortment of content. This rounds up our guide on fixing common Hulu error codes. Do let us know in the comments section what worked and what did not. We value your inputs, as it allows us to provide clearer solutions.
- Tags: Troubleshoot