If you want to know how to uninstall Spotify on Windows 11/10, then read this post. Many Windows users have recently reported that the Spotify app is getting automatically installed on their devices with the latest Windows Update. This is quite inconvenient, as recent reports on the web indicate that the app is getting installed without their consent or any prior notification. If you’re also surprised to see the Spotify app on your Windows 11/10 PC and want to uninstall it immediately, then keep reading this post.
Spotify is a popular music streaming app that lets you listen to millions of songs and podcasts for free. If you’re a Spotify lover, you may want to have the app on your Windows 11/10 PC. But if you prefer some other music streaming service over Spotify, you may not like Microsoft’s move to discreetly add Spotify to your Windows App list. In case you want to uninstall Spotify from your Windows 11/ 10 PC, we show you how to do it.
How to uninstall Spotify on Windows 11/10
Before we move ahead, we would like to mention that this post covers the uninstallation process for both the App version of Spotify and the Win32 Program version of Spotify. The App version is the one you get through the Microsoft Store or the Windows Update. The Program version is the one you install using the SpotifySetup.exe file.
How to remove Spotify app
A] Uninstall the Spotify app from Start Menu
To uninstall Spotify app from the Start Menu, follow the steps listed below:
- Click on the Start menu icon in your taskbar area.
- Right-click on Spotify.
- Select Uninstall from the context menu.
- Click on the Uninstall button in the Uninstall “Spotify”? dialogue box.
B] Uninstall the Spotify app through Windows Settings
You can also uninstall Spotify through Windows Settings. Here’s how to do it:
- Click on the Start menu icon.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Apps on the left panel.
- Click on Apps & features on the right panel.
- Search for Spotify in the App list.
- Click on the menu icon (three vertical dots) next to the Spotify Music listing.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- In the popup that appears, click on the Uninstall button.
The Spotify app will be uninstalled from your Windows PC.
C] Uninstall Spotify using Windows PowerShell
Windows PowerShell is another powerful tool that allows you to uninstall Spotify from your Windows PC. Here’s how you may use it to uninstall the Spotify app:
- Click on the Start menu icon and type ‘powershell’.
- Click on Run as administrator on the right panel, below the Windows PowerShell listing.
- In the Windows PowerShell window, type the following command:
- Wait for a few seconds till PowerShell fetches the list of installed apps on your Windows PC.
- Now right-click on the PowerShell title bar.
- Select Edit > Find…
- Enter ‘spotify’ in the Find what field in the Find dialogue box.
- Click on the Find Next button.
- Once the Spotify app is highlighted, close the Find dialogue box.
- Select the text next to PackageFullName.
- Copy the text.
- Now enter the following command in the PowerShell window:
Remove-AppxPackage App Name
- Where ‘App Name’ is the PackageFullName you’ve copied.
- Press the Enter key.
How to Uninstall the Spotify EXE program
A] Remove Spotify program via Control Panel
To uninstall the Spotify software from the Control Panel, follow the steps listed below:
- Click on the taskbar search icon.
- Type ‘control panel’.
- Click on ‘Uninstall a program‘ on the right panel.
- Navigate to Spotify.
- Right-click on it and select Uninstall.
- Click on the OK button to confirm uninstalling Spotify.
After uninstalling Spotify, remove the leftovers or remnants of the program from your Windows PC. Leftovers include empty folders, registry entries, and files that are not in use. To completely uninstall Spotify, you should remove its leftover data from your PC.
B] Uninstall Spotify using a third-party Software Uninstaller
There are many third-party software uninstaller tools available for free download. Revo Uninstaller is one such tool, which is known for its incredible speed. You can use Revo or any such tool to uninstall Spotify from your Windows 11/ 10 PC. It will also remove residual and leftover junk files and folders after its uninstallation.
TIP: You can also use the Windows Registry Editor to uninstall the Spotify program.
How to remove Spotify from Startup in Windows 11/10?
To stop Spotify from running on Startup when you log in to your Windows 11/ 10 PC, right-click on the Start menu icon and select Task Manager. In the Task Manager window, switch to the Startup tab. Scroll down to locate the Spotify app. Right-click on it and select Disable. Alternatively, you can go to Start > Settings > Apps > Startup and toggle the button next to the Spotify option.
Why can’t I see Spotify in Control Panel?
The ‘App’ version of Spotify will not be listed in the Control Panel. So if you’re trying to locate the Spotify app in the Control Panel, you won’t see it there. The Control Panel will display only the Win32 ‘Program’ version of Spotify if you have it on your Windows PC. To uninstall the Spotify app, you may refer to the methods discussed in this post.
Why is Spotify installed on my computer?
Microsoft sometimes automatically installs some apps on Windows 11/ 10, which are hosted on the Microsoft Store. If you see Spotify in your App list, chances are, Spotify is being pushed to your computer through a Windows update. This may be intentional or a bug that Microsoft may address shortly.