In Windows 11 or Windows 10, PC users can easily customize the Screen saver. For example, you can change Screen saver timeout settings, Password Protect Screen saver, and so on. In this post, we will show you how to set Photos as Screen saver in Windows 11/10.
How to set Photos as Screensaver in Windows 11/10
PC users can either set a single photo or multiple photos as a screen saver – when you set multiple photos, the photos will show as a slideshow when the screen saver is running on your Windows 11/10 PC. You don’t need to use a third-party tool to set photo(s) as a screen saver on your system – you can simply use the built-in screen saver feature to set pictures as a screen saver in Windows 11/10.
To set Photos as Screen saver in Windows 11/10, do the following:
- Press Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Navigate to Personalisation > Lock screen.
- In the Lock screen settings page, scroll down to the Related settings section.
- Click on Screen saver to open the classic Screen Saver Settings dialog.
- Next, click the drop-down under Screen saver.
- From the list of screen savers available, choose Photos.
- By default, photos saved in the Pictures folder in Windows Library will be used for the screen saver.
- If you want to change this location, click the Settings button to open Photos Screen Saver Settings dialog.
- Click the Browse button.
- Select a folder.
- Click the OK button.
- Now, you can change the Slide show speed and/or enable the Shuffle pictures option.
- Click the Save button.
- Click Apply > OK.
- Exit Settings app.
Note: If there are subfolders under the selected folder, photos in sub-folders will be used for screen savers as well.
That’s how you can set Photos as a screensaver in Windows 11/10!
Related post: How to run Screen saver as Wallpaper?
How do I set a custom screensaver in Windows 11?
To set a custom screensaver in Windows 11, you can simply go to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen, and select Screen saver settings. In the Screen Saver Settings window, choose a screen saver from the drop-down list. If you want to create your own screen saver, select the Create SCR file (Screensaver, ‘. scr’). Then, select the folder where you want to save the screensaver and name the file. Finally, click the Create button and allow IrfanView to build your new screensaver.
How do I make a picture my screen saver on Windows 10?
To make a picture your Screen saver in Windows 10, do the following:
- Open Settings.
- Go to Personalization > Lock Screen.
- On the right, click on the link Screen saver settings.
- In the drop down list under Screen saver, select Photos.
How do I fit a picture to the Lock screen in Windows 11?
To change the lock screen picture, you can go to Settings > Personalize > Lock screen. Expand the Personalize your lock screen option and choose the Picture option. After that, you can select an image from the list or click the Browse photos button to select your own image.
What format are Screen savers?
A Windows screensaver is a regular Portable Executable (PE) with the .scr file extension. When a screensaver is distributed as a simple SCR file, to install it on your Windows 11/10 computer, simply right-click on the SCR file and choose Install on the menu. The screensaver is automatically installed as the current Windows screensaver. To use an SCR file as your Windows screensaver, move the SCR file to your main Windows directory. For example, in Windows 11/10, move your file to the C:\Windows\System32 directory.