Do you have hundreds or thousands of photos in several folders on your Windows 10 computer? Gone are the days when you had to press the space key, and page up and down keys to browse through the photos. When it comes to browsing through various pictures stored on your system, viewing them in a slideshow works best. Slideshows enhance the viewing experience of your pictures as they add in a video like feel to the otherwise stagnant images. If you want to view your pictures in a clean slideshow on Windows 10, then this guide can be of much help.
View Photos as a Slideshow on Windows 10
There are four ways you can view pictures or photos as a slideshow in Windows 10:
- Use the Slideshow feature in Explorer
- Use the Windows Photos app
- Use other apps to view Slideshows
- View Pictures as a Slide Show on your Desktop.
Let’s look at each of these methods in detail.
1] Use the Slideshow feature in Explorer
From the ‘File Explorer’ navigate to the folder that contains all the pictures you want to view in a slideshow.
In the Pictures folder, click on the first image to include in the slideshow, now press and hold the Shift Key on your keyboard, and click the last picture. This action selects all the pictures between the first and the last image selected.
You can select individual images by holding the Ctrl Key and then click each picture individually to add to the Slideshow.
Now select the ‘Manage’ option appearing in the top ribbon under the ‘Picture Tools’
Select the ‘Slide Show’ option to begin the photos slideshow.
As soon as you click the ‘Slide show’ option all the selected images will appear one by one. To exit the slideshow, press the ‘ESC Key’ on your keyboard. Also, to view the slideshow advanced controls click right on the screen.
- Click ‘Loop’ to run the pictures continuously
- To adjust the image transition speed, click ‘Slow,’ ‘Medium,’ or ‘Fast.
- To change the pictures manually, click ‘Pause’ and to go back to the automatic mode, click ‘Play.’
This is one of the easiest and convenient methods of running a Slideshow on Windows 10.
2] Use the Windows Photos app
The Windows Photos application hides plenty of features, and one of them is the built-in slideshow maker. This application is quite simple, just ensure that you upload your photos folder on the application, and Photos app will churn it out an attractive digital slideshow.
Go to the ‘Photos’ app from the ‘Start Menu’. Click on ‘Folders’.
If you do not see your photos folder, click ‘Choose where to look’ appearing under ‘Not seeing all your photos’
Now click on the ‘Add a folder’ option
Select the photo folder and click on the ‘Slideshow’ option appearing on the top-right corner.
This will start the slideshow of the selected folder. To stop the slideshow, click on the ‘ESC Key’ or simply click anywhere on the screen with your mouse.
3] Use other apps to view Slideshows
For many users, the Photos app may not be a default viewer for photos. In such cases, users can run slideshows on other Windows programs; these programs include Windows Photo Viewer, Photo Gallery, and Picasa. Out of these, Windows Photo Viewer is a popular option; this application has been replaced with the Photos app, but it can be restored with this guide. To use this application for viewing pictures in a slideshow:
- Open Windows Photo Viewer or simply click on any picture.
- Now click on the round icon found at the bottom center. This starts the Photos Slideshow.
- To exit, click the ‘ESC Key’.
Other programs like Photo Gallery offer animated options including ‘Cinematic’ and ‘Pan’ and ‘Zoom’. Therefore, if you have images that are natural they may come to life like no other.
4] View Pictures as a Slide Show on your Desktop
In this method, the slide show will play the images as your desktop background. To set to view pictures in a folder as a slide show on your desktop, follow these steps:
- From the ‘Start Menu’ go to ‘Settings’
- Click On ‘Personalization’
- On the right, under ‘Background’, click and select ‘Slideshow’
- By default, the folder selected is ‘Pictures.’ You can hit ‘Browse’ under ‘Choose albums for your slideshow’ to change the default picture location.
- Finally, under ‘Change picture every’ option select from 1 minute to 1 day to decide how frequently you want a new image to display on your Windows 10 desktop.
Slide Show plays pictures in the same order as they are in the folder starting with the first image. You can choose ‘Shuffle’ for the random sequencing of images.
Creating a slideshow on Windows 10 elevates the overall experience in viewing our pictures.
We hope this guide has given you quite a few options to create a slideshow on Windows 10 based on your personal need. Do let us know if you have more tips in the comments section below.