In this tutorial, we will show you how to remove Pluto TV from Windows PC. Pluto TV is a streaming service with hundreds of channels for live TV and 1000s of movies. The service can be accessed using its mobile apps, and streaming devices, as well as on Windows PC via the native Pluto TV Microsoft Store app. If you have installed the Pluto TV app on your Windows 11/10 computer and need to uninstall it for some reason, then there are multiple ways to remove it, and we have included all those options in this post.
How to remove Pluto TV from Windows PC
To remove Pluto TV from Windows PC, you can use any of the following options:
- Uninstall Pluto TV using the Settings app
- Delete Pluto TV using Search Panel
- Remove the Pluto TV app using the Applications folder
- Uninstall Pluto TV via the Start menu
- Remove Pluto TV using PowerShell
- Use the Windows Package Manager command-line tool to remove Pluto TV
- Use third-party software.
Once you’ve removed the Pluto TV app from your system using any of these options, you should also check if there is a desktop shortcut for it and remove that shortcut. Let’s check all these options one by one.
1] Uninstall Pluto TV using the Settings app
The steps to uninstall Pluto TV using the Settings app in Windows 11/10 are as follows:
- Press the Win+I hotkey to open the Settings app
- Select the Apps category
- Access the Installed apps page
- Scroll down to access the Pluto TV app
- Click on the three vertical dots icon on the right side
- Select the Uninstall option
- Press the Uninstall button in the confirmation box.
- Launch the Settings app
- Click on the Apps category
- Access the Apps & features page
- Select the Pluto TV app from the list of installed apps
- Press the Uninstall button
- Click on the Uninstall option in the confirmation pop-up.
2] Delete Pluto TV using Search Panel
You can also use Windows 11/10 Search Panel to uninstall or delete the Pluto TV app. The steps are:
- Click on the Search box
- Search for the app
- Select Pluto TV in the search result
- On the bottom right part, select the Uninstall option
- A confirmation pop-up will appear, press the Uninstall button in that pop-up.
3] Remove the Pluto TV app using the Applications folder
This option takes the help of the Settings app to uninstall the installed programs as well as Microsoft Store apps. The steps are as follows:
- Open the File Explorer using Win+E hotkey
- In the address bar, add the following text, and hit the Enter key:
- This will open the Applications folder
- Look for the Pluto TV app and right-click on it
- Select the Uninstall option
- Now the Settings app will open where you can access the Pluto TV app and then use Uninstall option for it.
Related: How to uninstall a Program on Windows PC
4] Uninstall Pluto TV via the Start menu
Use the following steps to uninstall Pluto TV via the Start menu in Windows 11/10:
- Click on the Start button or press the Windows logo key to open the Start menu
- If you using Windows 11, then press the All apps button available on the top right part
- A list of installed apps and programs will be visible alphabetically
- Right-click on the Pluto TV app
- Click on the Uninstall option
- When the confirmation box pops up, press the Uninstall button
- Wait for a few seconds until the app is removed
- Close the Start menu.
5] Remove Pluto TV using PowerShell
PowerShell lets you uninstall the pre-installed apps as well as third-party Microsoft Store apps (like Pluto TV). First of all, open an elevated PowerShell window. For this, type powershell in the Search box of Windows 11/10, right-click on the Windows PowerShell result, and select the Run as administrator option.
In the elevated PowerShell window, generate a list of all the apps. It is needed so that you can get the PackageFullName of the Pluto TV app which is required to uninstall the app using Windows PowerShell. To generate a list, use the following command:
Get-AppxPackage | Select Name, PackageFullName
Now all the installed apps will be visible along with their names and PackageFullName. Look for the Pluto TV package. For me, its name appeared as 6A2B26F6.PlutoTV. It might be different for you or exactly the same. Just next to its name, you will see its PackageFullName. It would be
6A2B26F6.PlutoTV_188.8.131.52_neutral__fj6ydt530c1hy or something similar. Copy it to the clipboard.
Now execute the command to uninstall the Pluto TV app. The command would be:
6] Use the Windows Package Manager command-line tool to remove Pluto TV
Microsoft provides a command-line tool named Windows Package Manager (or WINGET) that lets you upgrade all installed programs at once, uninstall apps, etc. This tool can also be used to remove Pluto TV from your Windows PC. For this, use the following steps:
- Download WINGET from github.com and install it
- Open Command Prompt as administrator
- Execute the
winget listcommand. This will help you see the list of all the installed apps and programs
- Look for the Pluto TV app and copy its ID. It would be
- Now execute the following command to uninstall the Pluto TV app:
winget uninstall 6A2B26F6.PlutoTV_fj6ydt530c1hy
It will find the related package i.e. Pluto TV and start uninstalling it. Let the command be completed and you will see a Successfully uninstalled message.
7] Use a third-party software
There exist some best free software to bulk uninstall programs and Microsoft Store apps in Windows 11/10. You can use any of such tools to uninstall the Pluto TV app. Bulk Crap Uninstaller, IObit Uninstaller, Absolute Uninstaller, etc., are some good options to use.
I hope these options will be helpful.
How do you cancel Pluto?
Pluto TV is not a subscription-based service, so you don’t have to take or cancel any type of subscription. In case you want to cancel or delete your Pluto TV account, then you can contact support. You will need to fill out a form and email it to the support team for Delete Account Request.
Is Pluto TV free on PC?
Yes, Pluto TV is free on PC. In fact, it is free to use service on any platform. It is an ad-supported TV streaming service. Thus, it earns money from advertising. You only need to create a free account to start watching live TV and movies on demand.
Read next: Cannot install or uninstall programs in Windows PC.